R-Tech tomorrow! i should be excited but now im hit by last minue problems!

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi All,

As above im off to R-Tech tomorrow! i should be excited but now im hit by last minue problems!

when i fitted my boost gauge last week i forgot to plug in the odb port plug thing back into the dash so now i have to take it all off again and refit in the ******* rain. I also dropped my boost gauge now it just decideds what boost/vacuum it wants to show me itself. :shrug:

i also went to tax my car today only to realise my MOT ran out last week. Im currently at work and might not be able to get it in anywhere. even if i do get it in it might not pass and they wwont have time to fix any probs tonight as im going at 4.30 after work :(

i have to be at r-tech for 10.30 tomorrow and somehow i have like an hour n half tonight before everything closes to get my car MOT'd, passed, buy road tax, remove dash fit odb port, buy a boost gauge if poss to fix my broken one and if i can after all this buy a copy of fifa 11 because my preorder is non existant with asda apparently and now they have sold out!

WHY ALL TODAY ***! :keule:

sack off the boost gauge, it's a non essential thing right now. Just cap the line and fix it at a later date.

As for the rain, the centre console comes out with a few torx screws, so just load up the tools in the boot, and drive to the nearest supermarket with a covered carpark and do it in the dry. as student I always used to work on my car at night in the asda carpark in pompey, it's sheltered, and fully lit, I had my whole front end apart once with teh bumper off refitting my FMIC, the security guard asked what I was doing and I just said 'I've broken down and I'm fixing it' Jobs a goodun.

As for the MOT, I had a **** up like that once, and found a local MOT station that did MOT's only, called them at 16:30 the one day, and they MOT'd it at 0800 the next morning and I was on my way.

Don't worry mate, you'll sort it.

cheers guys mot sorted sailed through my garage phoned in some favours for me which was nice.... only 1 problem! after the car beign fine i went out and picked up my gf and now ive come home literally 5 yards from my drive, it started being all lumpy and a really foul smell came into the cabin. i turn it off for a min then back on and it was still the same.

any ideas?

oh i just left the dodgey showing boost gauge in at the moment as its not leaking so i wont worry about that.

yeh kinda mate closest thing i can describe it to. whats that all about?

hmm yeh that goes into the air box normally right? mine is current clipped to my induction it. but if it was faulty i didnt think it would start?

hmm yeh that goes into the air box normally right? mine is current clipped to my induction it. but if it was faulty i didnt think it would start?

It would start, when they go faulty they tend to stop one of the coilpacks from working, probably coilpack number 3:)

ahh crap. what would cause the weird smell tho mate? ill pick up a module early morn if i can. i need to leave mk about 9.30. i understand teh module just unscrews right? its already out of the box

ahh lol coil packs dont go on AGU do they? is that what made u say ignition module mate? appreciate the help btw ill look for a guide

yeh hopefully mate if thats no it then im ******! fingers crossed :scared2:

ill have 1 hour to buy it and change it. u reckon its ok to drive it 2-3 miles?

it was the ICM mate thanks for the heads up managed to change it in 30 seconds. job done.

i went to r-tech and im very happy with the result car feels loads better. it made 150bhp standard which was superb for a 10 year old car to keep its power. it made 185bhp after map with a few little boost leaks which ill sort. just one hose from the manifold and a pcv something cant remember what its called. few quid from audi im told. so once i fit those bits it should be about 190bhp which is what i was after. loads more fun to drive!

cheers

Dave

With regards to the MOT i suggest you get your act together, it comes round once a year like insurancde, service etc etc. If your tax is in sync with your mot then that should be enough of a reminder.

a few little boost leaks which ill sort. just one hose from the manifold and a pcv something cant remember what its called. few quid from audi im told.

Every AGU I've ever seen has had a massive leak in the PCV hose under the inlet mani, it's a small hose that goes to a check valve, but oil collects in the hose before the valve and it just splits. When i repaired mine it was like being mapped all over again, I gained 5psi boost!

Don't bother fixing it though, simply do away with the PCV system all together and fit a catch tank. Much better

Glad you got it sorted bud:)

thanks mate :D

With regards to the MOT i suggest you get your act together, it comes round once a year like insurancde, service etc etc. If your tax is in sync with your mot then that should be enough of a reminder.

Well ive only had the car for 8 months. i taxed in march MOT wasnt due then so i forgot about it. I was under the illusion it was in january the following year when i bought the car. Problem solved now ive got my MOT sticker on the fridge as a reminder.

Every AGU I've ever seen has had a massive leak in the PCV hose under the inlet mani, it's a small hose that goes to a check valve, but oil collects in the hose before the valve and it just splits. When i repaired mine it was like being mapped all over again, I gained 5psi boost!

Don't bother fixing it though, simply do away with the PCV system all together and fit a catch tank. Much better

Ahh i see cheers dude. Is it the pipe that comes from that long bronze nipple thing loops around towards the dv valve area with a valve in the middle?

i'll look up the catch can setup but if its too costly ill have to pass for now as im skint after all this lot! lol need to save the pennies i have left for audi international.

cheers