Fuel Pump Relay

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
As above, if anyone knows where this is located and can take a picture for me I'd be very grateful. :think:

Mate this relay is a bit of a ballache to get to.
You have to remove the trim below the steering column (the large trim with storage bit that the headight switch is mounted in). This in itself isnlt too bad, there are four screws in by the fusebox and another two iirc accessed from below, one in the storage compartment and one under the column i think.

It might be easier to disconnect the wiring plug from the top of the fuel pump and check for voltage between contacts 1 and 4 when the ignition is on. If you get voltage there it would suggest your relay is okay.

Mate this relay is a bit of a ballache to get to.
You have to remove the trim below the steering column (the large trim with storage bit that the headight switch is mounted in). This in itself isnlt too bad, there are four screws in by the fusebox and another two iirc accessed from below, one in the storage compartment and one under the column i think.

It might be easier to disconnect the wiring plug from the top of the fuel pump and check for voltage between contacts 1 and 4 when the ignition is on. If you get voltage there it would suggest your relay is okay.

OMG How I wish I'd read this last night!! I spent an hour and a half in the p*ssing rain trying to get to it, only to find that changing the relay didn't make any ****** difference. :(

I'm going to check the voltage later and then change the pump. £125+vat :(:(:(

Last edited:
Morning, Check out this thread

I had to change it on the S3 - TBH i'm no mechanic but it was pretty straight forward to do. Didn't take too long too do just putting it back on right took longer!