Is my car remapped?

mo_s3

Reaction score
Hi guys, just want to know if theres a way i can tell if my cars mapped?

haven't had the car more that a month. Its seemed to make mince meat out of two mk5 Golf GTIs, and can keep up with a local Porsche Caymann S to my surprise. Is this normal for a 210hp S3 lol.

was planning to get it mapped but cant tell if its done already..

47214_145510128817891_100000767145108_203183_2651386_n.jpg

You can log it with VCDS, which will give you some clue if it has been mapped, as the MAF readings would be higher than standard.

Alternatively, find another standard S3 and do a drag race against it ;)

You could take it to a place that has a rolling road, and ask them to throw it on the RR, it'll be cheaper to get that done than pay for a map, although if they hook up to the ECU i think it says on their comp what the current figures are, not 100%
but just had my car mapped and RRded, dont forget that the cayman might not have been flooring it

I'd say from just looking at your car yes.:yum:

R-tech do a rolling road before and after they do a remap, theyre probably not too far from you might be an idea.

Would not be supprising, my a3 is putting out over 200bhp with a remap, they are cheap and easy to do, are there any other mods you know ofon the car? If so then it is very likely. It should be able to make mince meat of GTIs anyway, the advantage of quattro you see.

thanks guys, yes i think il take it to someone to see what its producing.. hope its not that much so i can add to it.

It's a nice looking car you got there (I like the wheels) - needs spacers IMO