EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    4th Gear

Status

new car!!! at last!

After a few weeks of bugging you guys i am now the proud owner of an S3!!

2001 Y plate, nogaro blue, 40k miles, bose symphony system, full black leather

only worrying this is i havent actually seen or driven it yet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] a friend (and fellow forum member) has given it a thorough going over on my behalf!

actually i havent ever driven an S3!! moment of madness??? im sure i will find out when i go and pick it up on thursday!

so...thanks for the advice thus far...but im sure i will have many more questions in the near future!

Nathan

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: new car!!! at last!

Congratulations! I am sure you will be very happy with it. I bought the first one I drove and liked it a lot, it's really easy to drive. There are a couple of negative points (lack of steering feel etc.) but I think all the positives outweigh these. Can't think of any other hatchback that is quite so subtle and yet so special.

Enjoy!

Marc

4th Gear

Status

there aint nothing subtle about nogaro blue!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Wooohoooo! Congratulations mate. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the car. After coming from your vr6 you'll need to get used to the slight turbo lag but it shouldn't take too long.

I see you gave up in the end and went for boring black leather...... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

how bad is the turbo lag?? am i gonna regret swapping [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

black leather is loads better than half leather half alcantara in my opinion..... would have prefered silver but it looks pretty impossible to find one for good money!

5th Gear

Status

Hope you like it (sure you will); youre giving up a classic in the Corrado..Without doubt, the best car VW made!..That one looks a beauty

Hmmm... let me see if I have 6 grand lying about!... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

The turbo lag is nothing for concern. I personally like the feeling it gives when the boost comes in, you'll love the different delivery to your VR - believe it!

Also makes your car a bit jekyl n hyde as if you potter around off boost you can see 37 MPG but will drop to 20's on the hoof. You cant do that in the V6.

2nd Gear

Status

Congratulations!

I also put deposit on a 2001 S3 yesterday [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Adam

4th Gear

Status

well i have a 4-5 hr drive back from devon to cambridge to get used to the turbo lag...and if i dont think the car is very quick i can always stop at fontain on the way up and get it revo'd [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    well i have a 4-5 hr drive back from devon to cambridge to get used to the turbo lag...and if i dont think the car is very quick i can always stop at fontain on the way up and get it revo'd [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

May as well stop in and get the demo mate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Adam

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    how bad is the turbo lag?? am i gonna regret swapping [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

black leather is loads better than half leather half alcantara in my opinion..... would have prefered silver but it looks pretty impossible to find one for good money!

[/ QUOTE ]

Turbo lag isn't that bad but is definitely noticeable if you're used to normally aspirated cars. I'd never driven a turbo car before and it takes some adjustment to your driving style. Imo that instant throttle response is not there, but when it comes on boost...... wahaaaaaaay [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree the alcantara is an acquired taste. My main reason for choosing it was I found the full leather way to slippy when cornering.

4th Gear

Status

here is a sneaky peek

1st Gear

Status

Congratulations mate,
    Turbo lag won't come into play if you drive it hard enough so only one solution.

Drive it like you stole it...!

Status

Congrads Jedi [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Start saving for the remap! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Rich.

4th Gear

Status

where is the best place for a remap then? i liked the sound of the revo...but would it affect me getting a warrenty from audi?

2nd Gear

Status

I'm personally not a big fan of REVO as they're not specifically designed for the car. AMD seems to be a big favourite on here, personally I'll be going to Jabba once I persuade the missus.

Getting it chipped won't effect you getting a warranty from Audi.. although it 'may' invalidate the warranty. The 'may' depends on what you are trying to claim for.. if you blow up your turbo whilst on a remapped car Audi quite rightly may refuse to pay out the warranty claim. I think ( and don't quote me on this) if you get your car chipped at AMD whilst in warranty they'll take over warranty claims that Audi won't pay .. but I can't remember whether I dreamt that or not [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Well done Nathan,
    Glad you have finally found the right S3. Sorry mine did not tickle your bits, hopefuly this weekend.....
    Whatever you do to the S3 make sure you get it re-maped (Revo, MTM,Jabba,etc) It completely changes the car for the better, and the whooosh sounds & feels great.
    Rob.

4th Gear

Status

yeah sorry fuzzy... i really wanted either black with silver leather or noggy with black leather.

i'm sure yours will sell soon though as from the pics it looked very clean!

the plan is to get it remapped pretty soon but i just need to decide which company to choose.

S3 Drift King!

Status

Congrats Jedi, enjoy the car mate. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Jedi, congrates!

I'm glad you found what you have been looking for. I have found the questions you've asked over the lasst couple of weeks interesting as I too am in the market for an S3. Could you tell me how much the car was up for and what you paid for it as i'm looking for near enough the same.

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    here is a sneaky peek

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one on Ebay then? I saw it and was going to let you know - obviously you've already spotted and bought it as it said SOLD SOLD SOLD! lol congrats man [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Yes,

I'm the one who's driven it for Jedi, it drives as well(if not better!) than my 2002 225bhp Noggy that i pick up on tuesday.
    If he's not pleased(i'm sure he will be [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]),on my head be it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

ha cheers guys and cheers Martin for the test drive... no way i was going to devon just o look at a car so the whole reason i bought it is down to you! THANKS

it was in autotrader for 14750...martin got him down to 13700 for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jedi-knight83 said:
    it was in autotrader for 14750...martin got him down to 13700 for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

woah! that's impressive - I'll be giving you a shout on my next car Martin [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

imported_Sem

Bloody hell, that's some haggling - congrats, sounds like you got a bargain.

2nd Gear

Status

Not as good as the haggling i did on mine, over 2k off the asking price. perhaps i should start up a business?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img]

Its obviously a good time to buy S3s at the moment [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Picking mine up at 6pm tomorrow [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]