EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 handbrake failure

Picture the scene if you will, I have an A3 2006 went to the supermarket packed it with goodies plus luggage and reversed parked in on a drive. After filling it - bearing in mind the car had been parked for 6 hours or more, went in the kitchen and noticed the car dashboard lights were on - fully - only trouble I had the keys in my had so went out to investigate. Turned the key engine started depite being in reverse gear and handbrake on and went like a train, I was hanging in half in half out, broke my shoe because my right foot nearly got sucked under the car. As it was going at huge speed towards the tree managed to get my left foot on the brake otherwise it would have gobe througth the tree in down the garden and broke a brick wall. As it happens I slowed the impact but I have concussion, three broken fingers bruises where you would not believe and the car has been repair. So in fairness what the hell is going on there!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hmmm

Wana go Low gotta go Slow

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lusherda View Post
    Picture the scene if you will, I have an A3 2006 went to the supermarket packed it with goodies plus luggage and reversed parked in on a drive. After filling it - bearing in mind the car had been parked for 6 hours or more, went in the kitchen and noticed the car dashboard lights were on - fully - only trouble I had the keys in my had so went out to investigate. Turned the key engine started depite being in reverse gear and handbrake on and went like a train, I was hanging in half in half out, broke my shoe because my right foot nearly got sucked under the car. As it was going at huge speed towards the tree managed to get my left foot on the brake otherwise it would have gobe througth the tree in down the garden and broke a brick wall. As it happens I slowed the impact but I have concussion, three broken fingers bruises where you would not believe and the car has been repair. So in fairness what the hell is going on there!

What the hell are you on about? lol So did it break the brick wall or not? How did you get 3 broken fingers when your foot supposed to be stuck?
    Last edited by gavin89; 30th September 2010 at 21:14.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gavin89 View Post
    What the hell are you on about? lol So did it break the brick wall or not? How did you get 3 broken fingers when your foot supposed to be stuck?
    Think there just full of s**t

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thats nice , thanks for your support guys. its not difficult is it , or is it to understand, i still smacked the tree, got concussion but it was A LOT SLOWER! so when you complain about you stupid little alloys and other stupid things I WILL HAVE EQUAL SYMPAMPHY I AM SURE, chasing a run away car is not fun especially when you get injured ! and now I have it back from the garage there is electric fault on the lights so stuff you. I could have been loaded my children or warming the car up in the winter and it runs away - the sole purpose of this is to warn people about the hand brake which cannot cope with a 1.9TDI engine and an audi which has electrical faults - so get over yourselves please. life is worth more.

Reverse Gear

Status
    And whoever responded in a nice way thankyou, you know who you are and its appreciated

Reverse Gear

Status
    Gavin 89

You want to learn to read my friend it helps! thanks for your support. If you read it properly you would realise I smacked a tree not a wall and I feel very sorry for you .

Lessons
    Read something properly and then
    Comment

You have no credence with me as you messed up so read the description again

Thanks
    D

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    your ok thats the main thing....can i ask why you started the car with it in gear.......this is the 8L section by the way
    Last edited by s3dave; 3rd October 2010 at 16:23.

Ross_S4

Status
    Lusherda,

Firstly, your use of grammar and punctuation in your first two posts is shocking.
    Secondly, why exactly did you turn on your ignition with it in gear? Is it an automatic? If manual, did you not have your foot on the clutch?

Sounds like you got off lightly with those injuries. Just think of poor poor Brian Harvey...

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossbrownlee View Post
    Lusherda,

Firstly, your use of grammar and punctuation in your first two posts is shocking.
    Secondly, why exactly did you turn on your ignition with it in gear? Is it an automatic? If manual, did you not have your foot on the clutch?

Sounds like you got off lightly with those injuries. Just think of poor poor Brian Harvey...
    lol.....you can see where he got excited writing it