After Market Alloy Wheels For Facelift A3 8l - Advice Please...

Fahd

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm considering fitting a set of after-market alloys to my Audi A3 and I'd like some advice as to what might be worth purchasing from those of you that have knowledge/ experience with this topic. I've posted a picture below of my A3 (click image to see larger photo) and it's current wheels (15" standard Audi alloys) below. I'd like to go for a pretty much OEM look so I'm not going to consider things like alloys with chromed lip edges or black alloys etc. Whilst I'm sure this has become a common/ predictable modification on the A3 I'm really liking the idea of fitting a set of A8 style alloys as I think they'd suit the shape and colour of my car very well.

If I was to buy these wheels how large would be considered too large for the car? I'd like a set of 18" wheels, and I have no intention of lowering the car, would these have any truly negative effects on the handling and ride comfort in comparison to the original wheels? will they rub on the cars arches? since the photo of my car was taken the front end has been extensively modified (will post up photos in another thread when it's finished) and as a result the new front bumper that I've had fitted is significantly lower. Would an 18" set of wheels increase the ride height by the 3" due to the increase in size? as this would be a bonus to me. Finally do you guys have any other wheels you think would suit my car specifically? I look forward to reading any replies, many thanks!

1.jpg

Fahd.

Last edited:
I concor with Joe!

Keep the pepper pots get some real low profile tyres on them and slam it!! be diffrent break away from the heard...

(says he with RS TT's :-S)

Jojo could you elaborate on your reason against the A8 style alloys? I know they're a cliché choice but I believe they'd really suit my car, perhaps you guys would agree with me more after seeing what has been done to the front-end of this car, I'll post pictures of that when it's finished.

DanSmith I'm sorry but I have no intention of lowering my car, as I said in my first post, I'd like it to look almost OEM, and my new bumper (not pictured) would scrape a lot if the car was lowered, also I hate the 'Euro scene' look. How big are your TT-RS wheels? how big were your stock wheels? was there any noticeable difference in ride-comfort and handling? I've seen these A8 alloys go up to 19'' on eBay but I'm thinking that would be a bit ridiculously big. How big can you fit to an A3 without the wheels scraping the arches?

The A8's are a bit chavtastic bud!

Mine are 18's and the S3 comes as standard with 17's I would say the ride is quite comfortable but I would say that my car needs lowering!

If you put too big an alloy on you will need to lower the car otherwise you would look like your driving a monster truck! (the standard a3 sus is alot higher than the S3) if you want to avoid lowering I wouldn't go any bigger than 17's

Agree with what's been said about A8s. They are stuck on every chavvy 1.4 Golf with a potato launcher exhaust and Lexarse lights at the back and angel/devil eyes on the front.

Nice colour car, don't see many Crystal Blue A3s about really. Is it a 1.8T?

Last edited:
I agree with what the guys have set about the A8's they are nice but common as muck i prefer being different.. I also agree wiv gavin! ive got polished TT Comps on my A3 8L and they look the nuts when cleaned up nicely and polished IMO...

I have just got a set of TT wheels, like the set bellow, they should fit on my a3 8l shouldn't they, they are both 5x100
zob41271f.jpg

I think I heard someone refer to these wheels as 'kebab-gangsta' wheels. And i agree. I make a point of pointing and laughing at every golf/a3 fitted with these. Seriously mate, buy something different. Check out the other wheel choices for this car. There's a big list of options on this site.

Have a butchers:

BM Autosport :: Audi/VW

P.S What have you fitted on the front? Not an 8P conversion with angel headlights is it? Get a pic up soon!

Hi guys, I'm going to purchase the 3sdm 0.01's
To my s3 8l, is et35 front and rear correct? Front 8.5 and rear 9.5
On 225/40/18's. And have not lowered it but will consider
Springs probably eibach. Any advice? Or as Arnold would say
Any advices? Lol