common fault?

matboh s3

Reaction score
hey , i bought my s3 last weekend and was just woundering... the abs and tractioin controll light comes on intermitently . when the lights are on , the abs doesnt work but when it doesnt come on it does :S not sure if the traction is working or not when the lights on ,havnt tried it , just woundered if anyones had this before and if they could shed somel light on the problem

Sounds like a sensor failing. these things don't mend themselves, so best bet is to see if any fault codes come up, otherwise all you can do is summise

hey , i bought my s3 last weekend and was just woundering... the abs and tractioin controll light comes on intermitently . when the lights are on , the abs doesnt work but when it doesnt come on it does :S not sure if the traction is working or not when the lights on ,havnt tried it , just woundered if anyones had this before and if they could shed somel light on the problem

You need someone to give your car a diagnostic scan with Vagcom or similar to see if it throws any fault codes up, then go on from there.