Why do I hate my S3 so much?

Mike, if what you want is more feel and response from the wheel then look at Suspension components. I've changed everything (where possible) on mine, and went for Compbrake top mounts, they do make the springs twang loads but they give a very very direct feel, totally different from what it was before.

G

****** hell thats typical lol, I post moaning in the post above and you actually give me advice at the same time. I appreciate it, i'm going to look at the suspension if it doesn't sell

Its got:
front mount
forge recirc with yellow spring?
milltek catback
forged pistons
CR turbos K04 hybrid with cut back blades and 360 degree bearing
N274 bypass
Revo stg 1

Ok so it needs a remap to maximise the effect of the hybrid, but lets cut to the chase, its ****!

So Bill what would you recommend are the 'proper' bits I need, apart from a remap and a downpipe which I already know.

Once again, my remarks regarding the feel of the car have been overlooked - My grievance is with the lack of feeling the car gives the driver, the lack of confidence that it inspires in the dry and especially in the wet. This is my daily drive, its not a weekend special, but its the car I drive the most and I do want the best of both worlds, I want comfort and I want handling ability with feedback to the driver, there are cars out there that combine these two well - the S3 is clearly not one of them.

BTW if someone wants to buy it, then its on pistonheads lol, clearly you'd be doing me a favour ;)

CR k04 hybrid does'nt have cutback blades on the ones I have seen lately.. RS6 turbine, billet comp wheel.. and has done over 300bhp on my tight **** dyno when mapped to suit.
REVO stage 1, is'nt close, and I am surprised you have'nt got problems with it to be honest. The hybrid I have done was very different characteristic to a normal k04, such that stock performance codes were not even close. If yours is close enough to run "ok" on stge 2 revo then I would question its spec being not the K04 hybrid I am familiar with. For example, TD, do 3 flavours of k04 hybrid, none of them using the larger turbine wheel CR do. (they prefer to cutback the std turbine, not fit a larger one like CR have done for me.

... people are telling me to stop comparing or to simply sell it, which I suppose must be an agreement to my remarks over the car?

OR, they just wish you well on your next choice as you depart asn, presuming you dont then get an audi again of course - hehe

Bill.

Out of curiosity, a Hybrid, what would be needed to get the most out of one if I fitted one to mine. I'm thinking FMIC and Downpipe + custom remap?

Thx

G

Bill.

Out of curiosity, a Hybrid, what would be needed to get the most out of one if I fitted one to mine. I'm thinking FMIC and Downpipe + custom remap?

Thx

G
based on speedy steves, injectors also req'd as std ones maxed out on duty cycle.
TIP, induction, fmic, downpipe, exhaust all good items which I think are req'd... and rods for peace of mind when you crank it up and let it deliver what it is capable of.
Rods are strongly advised. I would not fit one without personally..
Not all hybrids are created equal.. I can only speak from K04 from CR as I have spec'd them. (bigger comp wheel, bigger turbine, not clipped, and my spec psi actuator)

regards
bill

Just had a quick look through your other posts... From what I can work out youv'e got:

Forge FMIC + the 2 standard ones?? - get rid of the 2 smics...

lowered 30mm without adj tiebars (eating rear tyres in 2000 miles) - get the tiebars, decent arbs and wheel alignment.

hybrid turbo on the standard DP with revo stage 1 - pipewerx DP + mapping.. depending on which hybrid you bought you might not need injectors/custom map? - I've got the backdraft hybrid with revo stage 2 (as recomended by them) and it runs great.

You can prob get everything above done for under £1500 (assuming you can get revo stage 2 for £50).... Not a huge amount compared to what you must have spent already.

By the sounds of it your never going to be happy with an S3. If you want the daily driver practicality and something as enjoyable as the skyline get a 996 turbo and pick up the bill :).

The S3 handles well, but its no drivers car and i've never read a review that says it was, the same goes for the new S3 as well and the mk1 TT (which is identicle to the S3) which every car mag said lacked feed back and understeered. I remember reading a review of the new S3 and they compared it against the mk5 golf GTI the closing comments were the S3 might get you from a to b quicker than the golf but you'll have more fun doing it in the golf. See Ess3 sticky on upgrades, he uprated and setup his S3 to handle very well round a track with a very nutrual setup but even he said it was still dull to drive, but never said it didnt handle well.

performance wise it doesnt sound like your S3 has been set up properly as bill and others have said a hybrid should achieve 300bhp.