People with the relentless down pipe and sport cat

its an open question.. Given its source is a low cost country, like china, india or something, and its uber cheap, I ask the question on whats likely to actually be inside the corrogated cat like looking component.
Its rare metals which are used in cats, which are £, so I am very sceptical (as usual) of something which is so cheap, and possibly too good to be true.

does it actually catalyse? 100 cells cats are marginal pass on mot's anyhow.. (good ones) as dwell time is so short.

Its an unknown, which I presume is why the op is asking the question

ahh i see thanks for that. im interested to know also anyway. even as a temporary measure. i might even decat until mot time (next year)

cribbed off wiki
The catalyst itself is most often a precious metal. Platinum is the most active catalyst and is widely used. It is not suitable for all applications, however, because of unwanted additional reactions and/or cost. Palladium and rhodium are two other precious metals used. Platinum and rhodium are used as a reduction catalyst, while platinum and palladium are used as an oxidization catalyst. Cerium, iron, manganese and nickel are also used, although each has its own limitations. Nickel is not legal for use in the European Union (due to reaction with carbon monoxide). Copper can be used everywhere except North America, where its use is illegal due to the formation of dioxin.

I know there crap as i'm about to remake mine 1 will be a decat and another with a good 200 cell cat

Mine has just failed its MOT but i don't know weather its the crap cat or weather i damaged it due to the problems i've had with my engine