OMG this might old news but it's COOL

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
I've just come across this. you may already know this but i just found it out.

Climate control information display.

If you press and hold the recirculation button then press the up arrow on the right let go of both you should see 1C appear on the screen. If you then press the recirculation it will give you the info for that block "let's say". There are 89 "blocks 1C - 89C" so far I have figured out that block 17C is speed "KM/H", 27C is engine speed and I think 49C oil Temp.

I'm might be really sad but I think this is cool now we have digital display of speed "kmh", RPM, Oil Temps no need to get oil temp gauge now.

There are lots of other "blocks" with info but not sure what i'm looking at.

Does anyone know of this and what they all are?

Here are some pics

Block 49C "oil temp". It did fluctuate between 91 and 99 degrees while driving.

IMG_0482.jpg

Engine RPM on idle

IMG_0483.jpg

Engine RPM tapped on the throttle

IMG_0484.jpg

And Engine speed

IMG_0485.jpg

Love it.....:rock:

Edit: Just finished putting a few more pipes on. Yey

IMG_0480.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the same until you think you have to look down at it rather than on the dash,so it becomes a bit dangerous....just what I thought when I found out.

Early Ford's had a similar thing on the speedo's , It had so many diff details. Used it a few times. I'l give this a try. Cheers

Block 51 gives coolant temp and block 20 gives battery voltage, there is a few other handy ones floating around.
Get them all here AudiWorld Tech Articles

I came across this last night. I dont think this is for are cars it say 1998 on it and it only goes upto 61C. Plus it say 28C is rpm but on mine 27C is rpm. Maybe they put a few more features on our models

I heard about this but never knew how to do it! Does anyone know a list which is 1 - 89?

I came across this last night. I dont think this is for are cars it say 1998 on it and it only goes upto 61C. Plus it say 28C is rpm but on mine 27C is rpm. Maybe they put a few more features on our models

More than likely, a lot of the blocks dont seem to match up but they are not far off, handy tool though!!

Block 49 is actual coolant temp. Block 51 is displayed coolant temp.