Rust colour coolant

harps21k

Reaction score
Hi guys...

For some time my car was running on water as it kept leaking coolant.. I got this leak sorted and four that the coolant tank had turned out to be brown and rusty colour.

I then ran some water to flush the brown rusty water out of the car. After draining it I mixed g12 ++ 50/50 with water.. After running the car with a new coolant tank the coolant seems to have started to change brown rusty colour.

Is the any mix that will flush the whole system to remove the rusty water... Also what is the best way to flush the rusty water completely out of the system..

Can anyone help?

its because you have started the rusting process using pure water, so all the engine will have a nice coating now, you will just have to keep changing it untill it is clear or take the bottom rad hose off and try flush it out better...

You sure its not your headgasket? Your coolant might be that colour because its mixing with oil. Have a look under the engine oil cap, if it looks like mayo then its your HG. IF not then you need a good flush with a flushing detergent.

I have checked that it not the head gasket. The water does not contain any Mayo.. Also turmoils cap and levels are fine..
It's just the car was running on water for a little while, which might have caused this rusty colour.. I have drained it by removing the lower tad hose.. But think I might need to keep doing it a few times?

Gavin, where can I get a flushing detergent for audi's. Any particular make?

mate getting the brown water is take length!! i had the same problem with a mates skyline and a leon cupra R - took me ages to flush that horrible s**t out

just need a lot of patience and a lot of water :)

Thanks guys, will try the wynns flush... I think I will need a lot of water... Need to get this done before it starts to get colder...