TPS CONFUSED ME NOW??

stoneys3

Reaction score
hi, i have posted a thread on this before, i have boost pressure control valve malfunction (n249) i rang TPS to order one today, quoting the n249 and he recons i need the n75 valve? i thought this (n75) was the recirc valve? he said the n429 came up as a recirc valve?? so now am slightly confused?? which is which? i need a new n249 valve.

just after info so i know which is which and dont but the wrong thing.

cheers
ash

I know a few people dont like this and it may or may not work but have you thought about bypassing the n249?

yeh mate i thought about it but the valve is still going to read faultly and run ***** agen i think?? i asked about it before and people said i will have to change it regardless.you done urs? think i mite do it anyway.

if you've vagcom'd it and it says n249 malfunction then its to do with that. the n75 isn't the re-circ valve, it controls the wastegate actuator.
check all your vacuum pipes to the n249 valve, may be a leak somewhere making it read a malfunction.
or bypass it (my choice, works fine) and leave it plugged in and see if the fault comes up again.
if it works ok with no fault when its bypassed, you know there was a leak somewhere, however if it still reads the fault, its goosed

Yes i done mine a while ago, i did notice a difference.. the traction control didnt cut in as much or as harshly, however 1st and 2nd gears were not as good 3rd onwards were better. That was on a standard map. On a stage 1 apr map my 1st and 2nd weren't that much better and i was thinking about putting all the vacuum pipes back on to see if it made it any better.

not got vagcom but did it on snap-on solus. if i was to order the n429 off tps it sounds like he is trying to sell me the recirc valve?? i'll do the bypass and see how it goes if not al order the n249 and see what i end up with.