Can't decide which colour wheels to go for!

darkfibre

Reaction score
The time has come to refurb my alloys, as they are in a bit of a state at the moment.

Toss up between anthracite or bright silver, to go on my black S3.

209pzmh.jpg

I'm thinking bright silver looks pretty smart, but I am fond of a stealthy look also, but not too sure if dark coloured wheels will compliment a dark coloured car...with wheels like this?

Help me decide people! I've only got till Monday morning! :blink:

Either you like the "stealthy" in which case go for matching dark look or silver to stand out.

Recently at Audi dealership I parked among loads of "stealthy" looking near new cars - R8's included . Unbelievably I had a woman come up to me and say mine stood out a mile in the entire range of cars they had there. I Joked saying, our kidding me, right ? She said no, she was serious and that it stood out in a good way. I did mention what about all the stone chips on my bonnet and she said they were not obvious from where she was standing originally, but close-up she could see what I meant. I'm not sure who the woman was (i expect a prospective buyer) and I didn't ask.

so just be aware stealth, means exactly what it says on the tin. I do understand it's the current trend, so you may want to get in with it now.

Last edited:
My alloys are silver/standard, but are in badly need of a refurb and still - the best in the yard ! What you all have to realize is that I hear all your comments, but I have obviously never encountered a single one of you on the road because she was not the first. And believe me I'm the first to say 'you don't seriously think it still looks good with the chrome, do you?' to try and get peoples genuine comments....But I often come back to these forums for a reality check from you lot about my sad old 'chromy' car. Nuff said for now, I'm outta here, Laters dudes...give the poor guy some proper advice on becoming a fully fledged member of the stealth brigade.
:) :) :)

Anthracite or similar. Silver is great but I like the darker theme! I did mine recently in a blueish tinged Anthracite..love it!

Here is a better side on pic as it looks currently:

33mvlld.jpg

And below is a crudely knocked up anthracite version:

28mig5j.jpg

Which version in your opinion looks better?

Will probably end up smoking the windows a bit also.

Last edited:
oooooo both! have two sets! in an ideal world! that really is a hard one, anthracite would probably look a little bit darker than your mock up, id say anthracite for now....

didn't realise how good those wheels look till now!....ebay time....

this may be a dumb question?.... what are the nouvlaris' reps of? iv never seen them on any audi model.

Anthracite!

I want to go anthracite on my standard avus' but imo they are too small and there is too much tyre so the dont look that good (on a black car).

Going off your 2 pics, Anthracite deffo! Oh and do the wing mirrors too! Easy job and ties it in well.

I can defintely see the beauty in the Anthracite alloys on the car and it really does look good - it's your car you decide. tbh, I don't think you should decide based on other peoples opinion on this as both are equally just as good. Let's put it another way - having either isn't exactly going to transform your car into something ugly. It's all down to personal preference - the current modern trend is to darken - just pop into any Audi Dealer and see for yourself. So no one can say one is better than the other, it's personal preference.

I can defintely see the beauty in the Anthracite alloys on the car and it really does look good - it's your car you decide. tbh, I don't think you should decide based on other peoples opinion on this as both are equally just as good. Let's put it another way - having either isn't exactly going to transform your car into something ugly. It's all down to personal preference - the current modern trend is to darken - just pop into any Audi Dealer and see for yourself. So no one can say one is better than the other, it's personal preference.

That's all I'm after buddy, other people's opinions.

Going off your 2 pics, Anthracite deffo! Oh and do the wing mirrors too! Easy job and ties it in well.

Yeah, the wing mirrors idea is pretty good, was going to go for alloy either way, but anthracite mirrors to match the wheels could look kinda tasty...

Think I'd be tempted to go for the anthracite too...

I'm wondering if chrome mirrors would go better with the silver wheels as opposed to the anthracite ones...?

Depends how silver the wheels would be! If you go real blingy with fairly large particles in the paint then chrome would be good but I prefer the bushed alloy finish tbh. You can also achieve this with paint!

You can always change them if you dont like the colour

Yeah true. I wasn't going to go chrome or anything, perhaps a bright silver to freshen up the car...cos I was thinking the chrome mirrors might tie in with that better...

Definitely silver. I have anthracite rims on my silver S3 which I personally think is a good combination, but I'm not a fan of dark wheels on a dark car.

Definitely silver. I have anthracite rims on my silver S3 which I personally think is a good combination, but I'm not a fan of dark wheels on a dark car.

There is a part of me that agrees with you, hence the dilemma I'm facing!

My alloys are silver/standard, but are in badly need of a refurb and still - the best in the yard ! What you all have to realize is that I hear all your comments, but I have obviously never encountered a single one of you on the road because she was not the first. And believe me I'm the first to say 'you don't seriously think it still looks good with the chrome, do you?' to try and get peoples genuine comments....But I often come back to these forums for a reality check from you lot about my sad old 'chromy' car. Nuff said for now, I'm outta here, Laters dudes...give the poor guy some proper advice on becoming a fully fledged member of the stealth brigade.
:) :) :)

chill out was only having a laugh.

Well, I've handed my car in and have decided...

...to go for bright silver with fairly large particles (not too large!)

Because of the design of the wheel, especially the central area, I've found it catches the light because of the spoke angles when it rotates, which is one of the reasons I was attracted to these rims. I think the silver will bring this out, especially on a dark car.

Plus it looks fresher, IMO.

Who knows...I may go down the anthracite route in future, but for now...silver it is! :)

interested in looking at the finished article....all in good time ofcourse.

I'm torn with what colour to go with on my black S3. The choices being either white or matte black!