Evo Brembo Brake Conversion

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
Ok, I've been looking into this for sometime now since acquiring a pair of Mitsubishi Evo calipers a few years ago and have finally got the wheels in motion today.

The conversion uses 334x32 R32/V6 discs, Evo/S3 braided hoses, adaptor brackets and of course, a pair of Evo Brembo calipers.

Once I've got the brackets made I may look at supplying them if anyone elseis interested as the calipers are cheap as chips on flea bay!

Pictures with write up to follow over the next few weeks :0)

look forward to this. what sort of prices are they looking?

tempting this, although depends how they fair against the 996 calipers as you could make some of those up for £600 ish all in

I am looking at making brackets for the brembos found on the fiat coupe and the evo...
Just spent quite alot on the car though so need to save for calipers to mock up with.

Well so far Tim, the calipers cost me £125 including pads which are almost brand new - this is just a case of shopping around on flea bay to see how cheap you can get them for. The discs are just standard MK4 R32/V6 TT items bought from any motor factors or of course, if you have more money than sense, which rather defeats the object of this exercise, from a main dealer. The brake lines are supplied by HEL and they are a combination of Audi S3 one end and Evo 7/8/9 on the caliper end. These work out at £30 inc vat and delivery. I have no idea how much the bracket is going to cost but looking around I guess £80 which seems to be the normal price on ebay or from conversion companies.

The Evo calipers will fit behind a 17 inch wheel which is a bonus for anyone wishing to keep the standard Avus wheels WITHOUT spacers.

The reason I looked at doing this is that there is an abundance of Evo calipers as the owners tend to take them off and throw them away. They are also wider than the standard LCR/Junior T Brembos allowing a 32mm disc to avoid warping. You can, if you wish and wheel size permitting, go upto 370mm on the disc size with these calipers (I think) so if anyone wants to run some dustbin lids.......

I spent a few hours yesterday fabricating an MDF bracket as a template and bolted everything together. I just need to alter the bracket slighty as the pads overhang the edge of the disc by 2mm which although not a real problem, doesn't look aesthetically pleasing.

Update to follow.....

keep us posted mate, at those sorts of prices you will get a lot of interest!!

photobucket, upload to that then copy the img link into the reply box on here

set up a account with photo bucket, up load the photos to your account and then copy the img txt into your reply

Success!!

photo1.jpg

dont you go driving that chuffin car with no studs young man!!!

PMSL Tim!! No worse than the MDF bracket holding the caliper on!! hahaha.

Young Man??? That's the best thing I've heard all week, especially as I'm going to be 44 next month!! Good man! :icon_thumright:

Red calipers on an Orange car don't go Mike ;) get them painted pronto (and i dont mean with a roller like you did with your impreza wheels).I bet you do drive off with no wheel nuts on,thats exactly the sort of thing you'd do

See you later on mate for some karting action :)

Dulux do a nice shade of raspberry in matt that I might try!! You knob jockey Daz!!!

See you in a bit.

Fourspring **** Tugoff

....Young Man??? That's the best thing I've heard all week, especially as I'm going to be 44 next month!! Good man! :icon_thumright:

Yay!!! an S3 owner thats actual older than me!! 44 in Dec ;P

<tuffty/>

Are you going to Audi International?? I'm really interested in seeing your car but the land of cheese rolling is a bit of a trek for me!

Are you going to Audi International?? I'm really interested in seeing your car but the land of cheese rolling is a bit of a trek for me!

Nothing much to see on Paul's car, just looks like any other S3 on the road, it's the bits you can't see that makes the car interesting.

Nothing much to see on Paul's car, just looks like any other S3 on the road, it's the bits you can't see that makes the car interesting.

I now have an image of Scoobyra head first in Paul's engine bay, armed with a torch.

And if anyone sniggers at that you all have a mental age less than my physical age (24).

Last edited:
I now have an image of Scoobyra head first in Paul's engine bay, armed with a torch.

And if anyone sniggers at that you all have a mental age less than my physical age (24).

:laugh:

<tuffty/>

Dulux do a nice shade of raspberry in matt that I might try!! You knob jockey Daz!!!

See you in a bit.

Fourspring **** Tugoff

yeah ive just done a feature wall in the kitchen in that exact Dulux Rasberry matt!! :)

you forgot to add......with SPANNERS!!!! hahaha

Update:

Having now fabricated the MDF bracket to the correct size, I've dropped it off at the Machine Shop and the should have them done by early next week. I'm aimimg to get them on for the 9th of October if all goes well.

I do have a dilema though! What colour do I paint the calipers??? I can't leave them red as it clashes like sh!t with my car so I'm thinking maybe silver like the Porsche Cayenne calipers?

Silver or black Id say. Mine are silver and go well but then my car is silver too.

nice thread, i'm looking to upgrade my brakes and tyres on my s3 soon

cool thread!! forgive me for my ignorance people but im sort of hoping this conversion will work on my 1998 a3 20vT sport.

Im going to need brakes that will cope with 300+ wild horses.

scoobyra do you mind me asking where you got your r32 discs from and how much? brakes look awesome cant wait to see the finished article!!

tom

Mike you numpty, did this ever work pal? Or have you lost all interest because of a lesser coloured car ;)