AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status

Evo Brembo Brake Conversion

Ok, I've been looking into this for sometime now since acquiring a pair of Mitsubishi Evo calipers a few years ago and have finally got the wheels in motion today.

The conversion uses 334x32 R32/V6 discs, Evo/S3 braided hoses, adaptor brackets and of course, a pair of Evo Brembo calipers.

Once I've got the brackets made I may look at supplying them if anyone elseis interested as the calipers are cheap as chips on flea bay!

Pictures with write up to follow over the next few weeks :0)
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    look forward to this. what sort of prices are they looking?
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    tempting this, although depends how they fair against the 996 calipers as you could make some of those up for 600 ish all in
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    tempting this, although depends how they fair against the 996 calipers as you could make some of those up for 600 ish all in
    I hope you don't mean the rears mate as they are gash!

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    I am looking at making brackets for the brembos found on the fiat coupe and the evo...
    Just spent quite alot on the car though so need to save for calipers to mock up with.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Status
    Well so far Tim, the calipers cost me 125 including pads which are almost brand new - this is just a case of shopping around on flea bay to see how cheap you can get them for. The discs are just standard MK4 R32/V6 TT items bought from any motor factors or of course, if you have more money than sense, which rather defeats the object of this exercise, from a main dealer. The brake lines are supplied by HEL and they are a combination of Audi S3 one end and Evo 7/8/9 on the caliper end. These work out at 30 inc vat and delivery. I have no idea how much the bracket is going to cost but looking around I guess 80 which seems to be the normal price on ebay or from conversion companies.

The Evo calipers will fit behind a 17 inch wheel which is a bonus for anyone wishing to keep the standard Avus wheels WITHOUT spacers.

The reason I looked at doing this is that there is an abundance of Evo calipers as the owners tend to take them off and throw them away. They are also wider than the standard LCR/Junior T Brembos allowing a 32mm disc to avoid warping. You can, if you wish and wheel size permitting, go upto 370mm on the disc size with these calipers (I think) so if anyone wants to run some dustbin lids.......

I spent a few hours yesterday fabricating an MDF bracket as a template and bolted everything together. I just need to alter the bracket slighty as the pads overhang the edge of the disc by 2mm which although not a real problem, doesn't look aesthetically pleasing.

Update to follow.....
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    keep us posted mate, at those sorts of prices you will get a lot of interest!!

Status
    How do I upload images?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    photobucket, upload to that then copy the img link into the reply box on here

Missing the S3

Status
    set up a account with photo bucket, up load the photos to your account and then copy the img txt into your reply

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    am i seeing double

Status
    I did that but it just showed the link, not the picture. I can't remember how to do the [quote] [image] thing!

Status
    Success!!

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    dont you go driving that chuffin car with no studs young man!!!

Status
    dont you go driving that chuffin car with no studs young man!!!
    PMSL Tim!! No worse than the MDF bracket holding the caliper on!! hahaha.

Young Man??? That's the best thing I've heard all week, especially as I'm going to be 44 next month!! Good man!

Neutral

Status
    Red calipers on an Orange car don't go Mike get them painted pronto (and i dont mean with a roller like you did with your impreza wheels).I bet you do drive off with no wheel nuts on,thats exactly the sort of thing you'd do

See you later on mate for some karting action

Status
    Dulux do a nice shade of raspberry in matt that I might try!! You knob jockey Daz!!!

See you in a bit.

Fourspring Dick Tugoff

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    ....Young Man??? That's the best thing I've heard all week, especially as I'm going to be 44 next month!! Good man!
    Yay!!! an S3 owner thats actual older than me!! 44 in Dec ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Yay!!! an S3 owner thats actual older than me!! 44 in Dec ;P

<tuffty/>
    Does that mean we've never grown up then Paul?? lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Does that mean we've never grown up then Paul?? lol
    Yes, I believe it does

<tuffty/>

Status
    Are you going to Audi International?? I'm really interested in seeing your car but the land of cheese rolling is a bit of a trek for me!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Are you going to Audi International?? I'm really interested in seeing your car but the land of cheese rolling is a bit of a trek for me!
    Yes I am mate

<tuffty/>

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Nothing much to see on Paul's car, just looks like any other S3 on the road, it's the bits you can't see that makes the car interesting.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Nothing much to see on Paul's car, just looks like any other S3 on the road, it's the bits you can't see that makes the car interesting.
    I now have an image of Scoobyra head first in Paul's engine bay, armed with a torch.

And if anyone sniggers at that you all have a mental age less than my physical age (24).
    Last edited by JD09; 21st September 2010 at 15:46. Reason: f@ck I'm 24 now :(

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post
    I now have an image of Scoobyra head first in Paul's engine bay, armed with a torch.

And if anyone sniggers at that you all have a mental age less than my physical age (24).

<tuffty/>

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Dulux do a nice shade of raspberry in matt that I might try!! You knob jockey Daz!!!

See you in a bit.

Fourspring Dick Tugoff
    yeah ive just done a feature wall in the kitchen in that exact Dulux Rasberry matt!!

Status

you forgot to add......with SPANNERS!!!! hahaha

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    are the evo calipers monoblock? rather than the lcr's two piece calipers?

Status
    are the evo calipers monoblock? rather than the lcr's two piece calipers?
    No Karl, they're two piece but bigger

Status
    Update:

Having now fabricated the MDF bracket to the correct size, I've dropped it off at the Machine Shop and the should have them done by early next week. I'm aimimg to get them on for the 9th of October if all goes well.

I do have a dilema though! What colour do I paint the calipers??? I can't leave them red as it clashes like sh!t with my car so I'm thinking maybe silver like the Porsche Cayenne calipers?

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Silver or black Id say. Mine are silver and go well but then my car is silver too.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

Missing the S3

Status
    Yellow or gold

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    black or to be random lime green

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    or to be totally bonkers....PINK

colicabcadam
    nice thread, i'm looking to upgrade my brakes and tyres on my s3 soon

Status
    or to be totally bonkers....PINK
    I feel a Dizzee moment coming on!

1st Gear

Status
    cool thread!! forgive me for my ignorance people but im sort of hoping this conversion will work on my 1998 a3 20vT sport.

Im going to need brakes that will cope with 300+ wild horses.

1st gear

Status
    yes will work on any mk4 platform Car I'm pretty sure
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

Status
    scoobyra do you mind me asking where you got your r32 discs from and how much? brakes look awesome cant wait to see the finished article!!

tom
    Audi S3

''If a hammer doesn't fit it. it's technical''

AH Fabrications catch can for sale £50 posted!

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Mike you numpty, did this ever work pal? Or have you lost all interest because of a lesser coloured car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast