Seat LCR front splitter doesnt seems to fit on my 2001 S3 :S ???

Chlippo

Reaction score
I tried to install the splitter a couple of days ago but it didnt seem to fit.
I didnt try very hard but it is obvious that the splitter is longer than my front spoiler!
I bought the splitter from seat dealer...and im very confused why didnt it fit!
Does it fit all the S3's? even 1999 ones?
I am doubting that my front spoiler that my front spoiler has been changed and maybe the previous owner replaced it from an older S3. How can i know?
here is a picture
5004039108_bcf7f71014_b.jpg

its designed to fit a seat leon not an audi, you need to make it fit by cutting heating and screwing it in place

also probably easier if you remove bumper

cut the ends off mate, keep holding it up, cutting a little at a time until its right, you'l also need to cut the two vertical bits in the middle. il find a pic hang on......lol
oh and i did it with the bumper on and the car on the drive.
s3.jpg

so hold it up, trim the ends off so itrs flush with the end of the bumper, i then got a stanley i think, to start cutting the end to fit the curvature of the bumper, once it was snug in the curve of the bumper i sanded it smooth.

its had a few encounters with unexpected high curbs lol! i think am gonna take it off, smooth it, prime it, and finish it off in satin black. and then never go near the curbs in car parks again!

I dont think its necessary to cut off the two vertical posts in the middle, leave it to personal tastes.

I left mine on and it gives the car a more agressive, pouting look.

P3250056.jpg

S3frontleft.jpg

theres two ways to cut the ends....you can either have them hanging down like the pic above, or cut it with a curve so it fits where the bumper curves downwards...takes a little longer and you'll be sat there with a stanley peeling a little bit at a time, but looks more OEM IMO

i also cut my centre posts shorter and screwed them up so it looked more square...... also better for speed bumps as your self tappers wont be long before they are out....especially on maintainence ramps