Scorpion back box

luke2702

Reaction score
Hi, has any one get any opinions on the above, loud/quiet, quality good/bad?

Thanks

Sod that, you can get a custom exhaust for less.

Exhauts uk in sheffeild, sure you can get a full TB exhaust for less than £400, i keep meaning to go down and see them but works just manic.

Will have to have a look into that thanks again mate...

No worries, they have done some quality cars, i just havent had the time to go get mine done.

E-mailed for a price will let you know when they have got back to me...

Just found it thanks sandip.

Is that what you have on yours at min? What is the sound like?

Just got a prices back they are as follows:-

Exhaust UK Sheffield:-

Cat Back:- £295
Turbo back with Sport Cat:- £650

Pipewerx

Cat Back:- £375
Turbo Back with Sport Cat:- £950

Anyone got any info about UK Exhaust Good or Bad?

Yeah, got the full system, 3"downpipe, sports cat and cat back system. When i get the car back i'll put a sound clip up.

Cat back is similar to standard, slightly deeper and most importantly doesn't boom in the cabin!

This is cat back
MOV00312.flv video by sandip_07 - Photobucket

Yours will sound nicer because of the map:)

Sounds good mate, bet it is better when on the go..

Just got a prices back they are as follows:-

Exhaust UK Sheffield:-

Cat Back:- £295
Turbo back with Sport Cat:- £650

Pipewerx

Cat Back:- £375
Turbo Back with Sport Cat:- £950

Anyone got any info about UK Exhaust Good or Bad?

They've put their prices up.

Pipewerx is local really Luke, not too far from you. Have a nip down and a quick chat with Jeff. Not seen the work by Exhaust Uk Sheffield but Pipewerx has been very realiable, i've never had to go back to get things adjusted because they've gone out of line or it's started to boom.

Not sure whether Exhaust Uk's rear box is inline or whether it goes across the back like the milltek, i asked for Pipewerx to use the space and put the box across like the milltek, visually i think it's nicer because you don't see the rear box straight after the tailpipe

YouTube - AUDI S3 *NEW* BLUEFLAME EXHAUST SOUND

Dont get me wrong it's a good price luke but i seem to remember been quoted around £500ish not too ,long ago, may have to give them a call and see what they say to me.

Pipewerx is local really Luke, not too far from you. Have a nip down and a quick chat with Jeff. Not seen the work by Exhaust Uk Sheffield but Pipewerx has been very realiable, i've never had to go back to get things adjusted because they've gone out of line or it's started to boom.

Not sure whether Exhaust Uk's rear box is inline or whether it goes across the back like the milltek, i asked for Pipewerx to use the space and put the box across like the milltek, visually i think it's nicer because you don't see the rear box straight after the tailpipe

YouTube - AUDI S3 *NEW* BLUEFLAME EXHAUST SOUND

I agree would prefer it to look more like a standard exhaust.

Dont get me wrong it's a good price luke but i seem to remember been quoted around £500ish not too ,long ago, may have to give them a call and see what they say to me.

Give them a ring and let me know what they say. Might ask you to take it to get it done.

RJ Tuning did mine on my A3 for me...£250 for catback, twin boxes so its nice and quiet (but nice when you open it up) and whatever tailpipes you want.

Stands by his work and even lobbed an extra box in it a couple of weeks later as I wanted it to be a it quiter.

They're in Birmingham...

129 Manor Farm Road

Birmingham
West Midlands

B11 2HT
01217 077962

I watched him build mine and was really happy with what I saw :) he's done a few S3's too so knows what he's doing with them as he usually does big high power jap stuff :)

T

Just got my job for tomorrow Sheffield so a drive over to uk exhaust is definately needed...

Hi fella dont spose u had a look at exhausts uk to c if the quality was any good as i am booked in wext week to have a TB system done.

yeah had a look yesterday work seems very good and the lads there are very helpful. Let me know how you get on. What tail pipe are you going for?

mmmmmm not sure was thinking special twin tip like the milltek. what bore size are u goin for? as they have advised me 2.5 but i c alot of people go for 3" on here.

Thinking of going 6x4 inch oval. But not sure. Think it is going to be 2.5. But open to opinion.

thats standard diameter isn't it? milteck exhausts are 2.75 i think. i think that would be a god size to go for without it being too loud but also gaining in performance

the fella i spoke to said 2.5 was plenty enough for up to 350bhp and that they were fitting this size to alot of scoobys and rally cars. I was just wondering what gains u get from the 3 bore on an s3 is it more for sound?

well the 3inch bore downpipe just puts less pressure on the turbo, makes it more responsive, but then downsizing from a 3inch downpipe and decat/cat to 2.5 just seems restrictive to me, well not so much restrictive but you just want the gases out as fast and efficiently as possible ideally, there might not be any loss in performance from it, i dont know, but the same size all the way just seems logical. even with 3inch all the way, at a custom exhaust place such as exhaustsuk, they can make it as loud or quiet as you want.

at a custom exhaust place such as exhaustsuk, they can make it as loud or quiet as you want.

How?

The restrictive part on the 8L S3 is the exhaust manifold and the downpipe.

On a stage 1 map just changing the downpipe and cat and using the standard system is fine. If you go 3" from turbo back your going to have quite a loud system, if the boxes used aren't good quality the booming in the car too which will get quite annoying after a few months. The only way you can make it quieter is to reduce the pipe work to 2.75 or 2.5.

How?

The restrictive part on the 8L S3 is the exhaust manifold and the downpipe.

On a stage 1 map just changing the downpipe and cat and using the standard system is fine. If you go 3" from turbo back your going to have quite a loud system, if the boxes used aren't good quality the booming in the car too which will get quite annoying after a few months. The only way you can make it quieter is to reduce the pipe work to 2.75 or 2.5.

They did say to me that they can make it as quiet or as loud as you want. What size pipe do you have sandip?

I think mine is 2.5 luke using 2 boxes. It all depends on the boxes, i've had systems made by other custom exhaust places and the main issue for me was the annoying booming in the car when you're driving on the motorway.

Worth while asking them how they will make it quiet using 3" pipe work

Mine is loud(ish) outside but inside it's nice and quiet.

Would be nice if somebody could post some pics of Exhaust Uk's work

I visited Exhausts uk the other day and had a good look around, the work looked good and they had some nice cars in there having work done. I dont want it loud inside just louder outside like you say.