Dyno day at Badger 5-November 6

Looks like there's plenty going, I was planning on popping down to spectate but I dont think I'll be able to fit it in sadly :(

Of course you can mate.... need to fit one 'meet' in this year at least :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

I think the GF has something planned for the morning so we'll see how long that takes or if I can get out of it :D

Would love to see some pics of all this, shame i wasnt able to make it! if anyone has a camera stick the photos up on the forum please :-D

Ill take my SLR just got to stay off the beer tonight so i dont get up to late

Any idea what time the butty van man is getting there? fancy having a spectate and a bacon butty if thats cool?

Just thinking I might pop down to spectate/meet a few people if thats all good? would be good to meet a few peeps as I have been a member for a while, also a bacon butty sounds very tempting...:whistle2:

cameras charging check, Fuel tank full check, RAC card check ok im ready for the morning

right, well I've given it a half ***** clean in the dark, filled it with fuel, and mananged to convince myself that it's feeling slow today, which is obviously all in my head.

Bring on tomorrow :) I'm lowering my expectations. ANything over 200 and I'll be happy.

Well, I was all ready for tomorrow, car cleaned, fuelled up and ready to go. Then got a call to say 2 of my staff have phoned in sick so I'll have to cover (others that could have covered were clever enough to check their phone before answering, not me, I answered and was left to deal with tomorrow's staffing issue). Gutted. After all the effort I made to get everything ready - I had worked overtime to try and secure the day off.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone after frequenting this forum for the last 2 years. Hope Speedy Steve takes plenty of pics (or anybody else for that matter). I'll be checking whilst at work to see if anybody posts any updates, then cursing myself for answering the damn phone.....

Please remove me from the list :Flush:

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was really interested to see how you got on after your recent trip to Rtech too :( would have been good to meet you dude!

Ah well, we'll let you know how it goes :)

Hoping for 260ish.... Who knows ehh... Long as it gets me there and back, I'm happy...

Pete...

I'm in...see you in the morning. Should get there for 9ish and might have a go on the rollers if theres time (dont want to make things difficult as I've not listed myself so only if theres time.

I'm hoping for anything over 150bhp :)

Sorry I'm gonna have to drop out of this one! Basically the cashmachine has rejected me. Hope you all have a good day.

Right, leaving shortly so should be there around 9 for a bacon butty.

See you all in a little while.

good luck peoples, as it turns out i would have been screwed for this anyway....... the neighbours gave me 30 minutes sleep last night and so my day is being taken up writing letters to the local MP/letting agents/watchdog/national papers/local papers and police...joyful times and ****** that i had to miss this as a consequence.....defo next time chaps, give you a chance to mod your cars cos my CC will kick all of your ***'s :)

Just got back... Cheers for that chaps... Nice to put names to faces (even though il forget as I'm hungover,lol)... But I'm happy with the car, and it got me there and back, so all good... Be nice to see who got what when you all post up later....

Pete....

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was really interested to see how you got on after your recent trip to Rtech too :( would have been good to meet you dude!

Ah well, we'll let you know how it goes :)

Feelings mutual dude, I was going to bring my laptop and VCDS lead and ask you to give me an 'idiots guide' on how to do some basic logging... Would have also been nice to compare different dyno's for RR results, next time (and I hope there is a next time) I'll be better prepared (switch the phone off) and hopefully will catch up witheveryone.

Very nice day, although I did not see the figures I was hoping for :(

Thanks bill, tuffty and welly for running the show - very smooth and painless.

Can't wait to see the figures posted now :)

Just got back in, alittle dissapointed in the car but a big thanks to Bill/tufty/welly and everyone else who helped it was a great day shame i had MAF problems.

Firstly, many thanks to everyone who was able to attend. it was nice to meet you.I think the day went well overall, some highs some lows, some with issues, some without. I hope the logs below (link) will help identify the issues, and the faultcodes i saved, also help diagnose those which had running problems.

full logs, faultcodes etc stored by registration for you to right click an download are here> Index of /bin/Dyno/asn-061110

Anyhows.. onto ther pretty graphs in no particular order.
Tom (A3tom)
DynoIT%20-%20X882BWP.jpg

x882bwp.jpg

ben breeze (breezey) - 112g/s very poorly maf causing power being so low
DynoIT%20-%20S3AVX.jpg

s3avx-s3.jpg

mike buick (scoobyra)
DynoIT%20-%20N111PMM.jpg

n111pmm-s3-revo.jpg

alex (leshkin)
DynoIT%20-%20GY03KRD-s3-vagtech.jpg

gy03krd-s3.jpg

nick (prawn)
DynoIT%20-%20X875NKO.jpg

x875nko-a3-rtech.jpg

darren (mole)
DynoIT%20-%20YB56THX.jpg

yb56thx-a4-20tfsi.jpg

mick (mickmc)
DynoIT%20-%20VK05HX0-a3pd140-dsg.jpg

emerson (ems3)
DynoIT%20-%20YX51OUC.jpg

yx51ouc-s3.jpg

joe (jojo)
DynoIT%20-%20X412AJA.jpg

x412aja-s3.jpg

colin (cmd)
DynoIT%20-%20YE54FYD-colina4.jpg

ye54fyd-colin-a4.jpg

pete (warleydaddy)
DynoIT%20-%20F3TEM-s3.jpg

f3tem-s3.jpg

dave (madeley) - faulty knock sensors, pulling massive timing
n75 wrong way round
DynoIT%20-%20S3HBH-1.jpg

s3hbh-1.jpg

n75 right way round
DynoIT%20-%20S3HBH-2.jpg

s3hbh-2.jpg

dan (sant)
DynoIT%20-%20X602BNT.jpg

x602bnt-a3-std.jpg

thanks again from bill, tuffty, tony, welly.......
see you next time
regards
Bill@badger5.co.uk

Last edited:
Just got back, glad I decided to have a run just for my own smoking really. good to meet a few more faces and I'm dead happy with my figures...bang on the money for the mods its got so happy days.

And Bill, Tuffty, Welly (and the other chap, didnt catch his name) thanks very much for a great day, much better than going shopping with the GF :)

Bill, thanks for sticking the results up....last on the rollers and forst with the results! :)

Thanks again

Tom

PS: Welly, you should be really fat the amount you eat!.

An awesome day for sure! Was great to see/meet everybody! Spot on :)

Yeah cracking day with a super entrance by myself. I must remember how low my car is. Am just getting my photos of my camera will put them up in a sec.

Many thanks for the results Bill and for hosting the dyno day. And thanks to Tuffty, Welly and Tony as well.
Had a great time and it was good to see everyone, I'm glad I came along.

Ha-ha - just saw the logs... I see what Bill meant about there being zero timing advance. I wonder what sort of power I could see if this was adjusted to a sensible value, considering that it's already making 230bhp :think:

A trip to vag-check is in order me thinks :w00t:

Really enjoyed today... big thanks to you all for making it so enjoyable.... I am royally knackered and gonna sleep well tonight for sure...

As seems typical of ASN 'meets' everyone was friendly and up for a chat... apologies to anyone I didn't get to talk to but was a tad busy lol...

<tuffty/>

Ha-ha - just saw the logs... I see what Bill meant about there being zero timing advance. I wonder what sort of power I could see if this was adjusted to a sensible value, considering that it's already making 230bhp :think:

A trip to vag-check is in order me thinks :w00t:

aye, there's conservative and there's conservative.. Good news being there's more power in there when its added in

Thanks for a great event lads...whens the next one lol. I will be back soon for a remap as this one didn't go to plan(fault codes to sort first)

Thanks for a great event lads...whens the next one lol. I will be back soon for a remap as this one didn't go to plan(fault codes to sort first)

As promised...
knock-sensor-1-diag.jpg

Knock sensor 1 (G61) on pins 106 and 99, knock sensor 2 (G66) on pins 107 and 108.... do a continuity test prior to cutting the wires to be sure, use 2 core overall screen cable..

<tuffty/>

Knock sensor 1 (G61) on pins 106 and 99, knock sensor 2 (G66) on pins 107 and 108.... do a continuity test prior to cutting the wires to be sure, use 2 core overall screen cable..

<tuffty/>

Tuffy your a star, I'll have ago tomorrow if the ran stays away.

Really enjoyed today... big thanks to you all for making it so enjoyable.... I am royally knackered and gonna sleep well tonight for sure...

As seems typical of ASN 'meets' everyone was friendly and up for a chat... apologies to anyone I didn't get to talk to but was a tad busy lol...

<tuffty/>

I completely agree. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as well, and was good to meet a few of you who I have spoken with many times, but never met in person.

Thanks for the great turnout. :thumbsup:

I completely agree. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as well, and was good to meet a few of you who I have spoken with many times, but never met in person.

Thanks for the great turnout. :thumbsup:

Thanks for adjusting my clock, had been meaning to do that for some time...kept thinking I was running late :)

I felt a bit out gunned today....damn Prawn for telling me about KO3S'...I've been looking at the hybrids since I've got home :)

Thanks for adjusting my clock, had been meaning to do that for some time...kept thinking I was running late :)

I felt a bit out gunned today....damn Prawn for telling me about KO3S'...I've been looking at the hybrids since I've got home :)

No worries dude, I have my own OCD moments now and then....