Questions about my Brembo setup...

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Well a couple months back i bought a Brembo kit for my S3 and have just got around to getting them painted now.

I need to get the seals and pistons taken out ready for painting. The guy i bought them from said the brakes were refurbed with new seals etc but how can i tell if the seals are actually new? How much are new seals if i wanted to change them just for piece of mind anyway?

Also, the brake setup came with brand new discs and brand new EBC red stuff pads. Yes i've heard about EBC red stuff pads and how they are pretty crap and i really do want the DS2500's, but these red stuff pads are brand new and came with the setup! Are they really that bad to go ahead and use?

Thanks all.

Jay

Dont use the red stuff pads!! When i brought my S3 it came with red stuff pads and the pads have eaten the disc and the pad still looks new. Youll be changing your disc's more than your pads.

Make sure the calipers pistons are big enough.

Too many downright dangerous conversions going around using rear porsche calipers which have two tiny pistons.

Front porsche calipers should have a 40mm and a 36mm piston which are fine, the rears have a 30mm and a 28mm piston, which are completely useless.

I would sell them. . . . Will cost more buying a new set off pads now but will save replacing the discs in the long run. My rear discs were eaten within 15k