Defcon bush's, Group buy.....

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So i'm wanting to know if anyone else wants a set of these, i'll be buying some shortly along with some adjustable times arms seeming as i have a new job :).

Anyway, i emailed steve at modshack who produces these to see if we can get any discount for a group buy. I dont mind if no one's interested but thought id offer the chance just in case.

Here's some literature for you just in case no one has a clue what im talking about :), haha.

Modshack | Stage 3 Boost Machine

At the moment they are 137 usd, im waiting to see what the discount will be like.

Right little update. If we can get 5 people we can get discount, 10 people even more, just sorting out what how much we'll get now. So is anyone bothered or am i floggin a dead horse here? Im getting a set no matter what.

Andy, tell me what you need and i'll try and get you whatever i can.

They wont tell me, all i know is the original tt bush is 30mm external diameter, the defcon bush fits into a standard arm and the inner powerflex/rubber bush is 30mm., the bush is aslong as the front powerflex/rubber bush, Does that help? All the Defcon bushes are, asre aluminium sleeves.

so this basidally decreases the size of our bushes to 30mm, increasing stiffness, and more interestingly, induces a little more oversteer. they are very expensive though, which is off putting. im also relatively against polybushing, my car is not a track car and doesnt need them, but these retain stock rubber bushes which is a bonus given that it has the same effect as poly. i think id be interested in a set, more so off andrew! lol. i need to re-bush my whole car and i was going to get a full set of oem rubber. maybe i should get these or similar, and then a full set minus the control arms.

So you'd need a defcon bush todo the fabrication then?

Ooh i get you. Well ive got 2 spare arms waiting to go onto my car, i could lend you one, just need a bush then.

Dani, can you get a price on ARB bushes please. I want to go for R32 ARB's with Defcon bushes.

Nathan

I dont get you nath! The guy doesnt sell ARB bushes if thats what you mean!

Sorry Dan, meant to say "can you get a price on wishbone bushes please"

Im intending on buying some R32 ARB's and running them with Defcon bushes.

Nathan

I get you, well their about $137 dollars, delievered at the moment but im trying to get them cheaper, just need to know who wants them though.

So add you name and carry the list etc then we can see who wants them. Andrew says he maybe able to knock some up so we'll have to see. Any, ive started the list:

Dani_b19 (me)

Right, been in touch with mike phillips again (the guy who supplies the defcon bushes to modshack.net), he says he'll offer 5% discount for 5-9 people and 10% discount for 10 or more people, not what i was expecting tbh. What do you guys think?

Wasnt the arm's fault though but audi changed them anyway along with other chassis parts. Defcon bushes are designed to help curve understeer and make your car more point and shoot.

Right, bit of a development. APS who import these into the uk have offered to do the bushes for £80 delivered, all we need is 5 people.

Ive got the same thread as this over on the tt-forum and we have 3 people already in, all we need is another 2 people, but more the merrier.

So anyone else in?

Is £80 just for the adapter that makes the hole in the wishbone smaller, so you'd also need to get a 30mm bushing to fit into the adapter?

I'm not really convinced over on the benifit of these Defcon inserts + original Mk1 TT small bushes over just a set of stock Mk2 larger polly bushes.

As far as I can see the aim of the original Audi recall modification was to increase the size of the front wishbone bush & possably change the stiffness of the rubber to allow for more complience/movment when loading of the front arms during cornering, If this is the case then a simple replacment of the large/softer modified bush for a polly one will give a similar effect @ a lower cost than the Defcon solution. (Powerflex polly bushes on ebay £32.65 compared to Defcon @ £80 discounted + stock bushes)

The only down side I can see & I think it will be a minor differance is that the polly bush may be a little to hard giving not enough complience & a harder/rougher ride?? Has anybody driven the same car with both differant bush options fitted & Is there really a £50ish differance in the two options??

I'd like to hear a general opinion of making these bushes stiffer & the benifits/draw backs of more or less complience on the front of the wishbones from an actual racer?? Are you there Badger Bill?

Ewan.