s3 standard alarm... did it close windows?

I'm afraid the standard factory alarm doesn't close the windows when activated jedi. But you can open and close the windows with the remote, by holding the 'off' button down to open them, and the 'on' button to close. If this feature doesn't work, you can get it activated by VAG-COM or your local Stealer.

i thought this was a standard feature of all cat 1 alarms? Especially the S3. But then again i have seen retro fit kits at www.vagparts.com

When i took out my insurance i was told the S3 doesnt come with a cat one alarm, by my insurance company and then backed up by the local dealer. although the immobiliser was cat 2.

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
Tariq said:
i thought this was a standard feature of all cat 1 alarms? Especially the S3. But then again i have seen retro fit kits at www.vagparts.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the S3 is CAT2! ****** stupid if you ask me considering the golf gti had a CAT1!

Rich.

thanks...helpful replies as usual.

so when i arm the alarm..if i just hold the 'arm' button it will close any windows that wer open and arm the alarm at the same time?

that 'autowindow' module looks pretty cool aswell. i guess that will just mean that you touch the arm button once and it will auto close the windows.

Thanks

All S3 models came with remote locking which means that holding the lock button shuts all the windows and sunroof when locking the car. Holding the unlock button works to open the windows only when unlocking.

I would also imagine the same applies if you hold the key to lock / unlock in the drivers door - it did on my A3, S4 and our MKIV Golf, I presume the S3 will be the same (although I have never tried)

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
I emailed scott the following question

>Hello, i was directed to you from so friendly people at audi-sport.net
>
>I am in the process of buying an UK model 2001 Audi S3
>
>I would like to add one of these window closeure modules but the guys on the
>forum werent sure if you listed the S3.

And got this answer

Nathan, to our knowledge, AutoWindow has not been installed in Audi A3/S3
This car is just becoming available to North American Audi dealers, so the story may change if we can get a tester.

Can you please tell me if the chassis of your car is essentially similar / the same asany of the VW or SEAT cars that you see supported... We are adding new support shortly for some new models, and would like to know if A3 is similar to any of them.. I can get back to you.

So....is the A3 the same chassis as the golf or seat leon??? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is that they never sold the A3 in the US so it wont have been tested.

Having fitted one on a Leon it taps into the window controller unit wires in the drivers side door so I'd imagine that if the window controller part numbers were the same for the Leon/A3/Octavia/Golf then it would work - only problem would be that the wire colours would likely be different - but that's not too hard to get around.

AFAIK A3/Octavia/Golf/Beetle/Leon all share the same chassis...

Cheers,
Adam