Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    imported_Tariq

Confused about chrome mirrors

would chrome mirrors from an s8 (1999) fit an A3 (2001)

cheers

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: Confused about chrome mirrors

The Ali mirrors should hit all models, but there are two versions due to the revised designed of them being connected to the mirror mechanism

Neutral

Status

I am as confused about the chrome as you fella... Aren't they for S3s?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

I have the RS4/6 brushed ali mirrors on my S3 so it is possible to swap between models.

6th Gear

Status

Ali mirrors are standard/options for "S" or "RS" cars in the Audi range

5th Gear

Status

First of all please don't call them CHROME!!! They are not they are aluminium so lets call them as such, and they are available in two variations the brushed 'RS' version and the polished 'S' version.

Back to the original question.....I think you may struggle to fit the older S8 mirrors onto the facelifted A3 (Which I think yours is..no?) as at the time of facelift the mirror mounts changed making it very difficult, if not impossible, to interchange the two.

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    First of all please don't call them CHROME!!! They are not they are aluminium so lets call them as such, and they are available in two variations the brushed 'RS' version and the polished 'S' version.

Back to the original question.....I think you may struggle to fit the older S8 mirrors onto the facelifted A3 (Which I think yours is..no?) as at the time of facelift the mirror mounts changed making it very difficult, if not impossible, to interchange the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long time no post! Where you been?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_Tariq

Hey managed to get the "chrome" mirrors to fit!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] So i've got a brushed set for sale now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

"Wheelie-Bin" rises from the ashes, eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

did I just see a post from Gambba fly by there? I think he has been in pre-internet countries for a while [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Tariq,
    how much for the brushed set , just out of idle curiosity ? Also are they the real deal or aftermarket.
    Cheers , Mark.

imported_Tariq

Mark,

Real deal mate!! Not sure if i want to sell them! I think they look better than the shiny ones!! Gotta make a tough decision tomorrow in regards to which pair i keep [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Not sure on price for the ones i sell however i cant keep both (thats being greedy) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Make me an offer?

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    khufu said:
    did I just see a post from Gambba fly by there? I think he has been in pre-internet countries for a while [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to make one post a year to keep your login active.... that was Dan's [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

I've been working, so gimme a break.

Well just a quick low down on things then, I've spent literally a week and a half at home (Holland) in the last two months the rest of the times been spent in Japan, UK, Ireland, Greece, the UK, the UK again, the UK again and in the next couple of weeks Dubai........so I've been a tad busy.

Other news to report is I got caught speeding [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] at 196 km/h [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img](Corrected to 189 km/h [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), which is almost 120 mph......so I've been keeping low with head down in shame. Not sure what I have to pay yet and if I have to go and suck a judge off, but I'm hoping no court appearance and would appreciate only a 400 Euro fine.

Other than that the cars playing up as usual, with now a hesitation that's like the acrs running on 3 cylinders [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but I think I've found the cause just to be a turbo gasket leak......but we'll see.

Oh and I've managed to blag a set of HID (Xenons) lights, that can be used as fogs or driving lights, but i have no idea what to do with them when they get here, as they would be kinda waisted on a forklift I think! They will be fitted on a forklift anyway just for a laugh, along with LED bulbs and a parking camera [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Or maybe I could hold a competition on here...... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

Glad to hear your still about D, missed your input on the great Bling debate [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear 'bout the speeding, hope your licence survives intact.

1st Gear

Status

Was keen to bag a pair of brushed alu mirrors for my 8P but just saw a set today on a black Mazda 6, and boy did they look like they're now at #3 on any self-(dis)respecting Chav's wishlist, bit like M3 mirrors on every 106/saxo/nova etc in the 90's.
    They look right on Audis, but nowt else!