Another hybrid conversion thread....

depends on what boost it was run to and if the engine had internals to push further???

I have a GT30 here which is running 335bhp... its just a number relative to the boost its being run at currently.

347hp from a gt2876 sounds a bit weak?

Was running O.E internals but car was had only covered 7k when the GT2876 was put on, I think it ran 1.2 bar from peak to the limiter but power came in with a big bang with loads over oversteer due to the uprated haldex controller this was nearly 5-6 years ago and as the cars were still fairly new with pre facelift cars still fetching £18k+ I don't think many folk did much other than stage 1 remaps so I think I must of been one of a handful who had started to tune the S3 back then...

I think I handed over nearly £25k for my Dolphin grey 03 plate with every optional extra availave and only 5k on the clock at the time.....

But as Bill has said its all relative to boost, fuel and timing settings to peak figures!

Last edited:
Thread revival. Having a read through as doing a similar build.
Only up to page 7 but good read and nice to see where some of the testing and development of today's standard mods have come from

And ...... Finished reading

What an epic thread.
Hoping that I've already covered myself against some of the hurdles encountered here.

Yeah man, this seems a Looooong time ago now. I'm glad that the experiences listed here were useful to you leigh, as with your PM if you let me know what links are dead I'll see if I can hunt them out.

Seriously thinking about what to do with cars at the moment... My diesel is seeming a tad boring.

Need more octane mate.

Its the two files (xls?) you made of your shopping list of parts. Will try to find and quote them now. (If tappatalk will let me)

Last edited:
Anyway..... this is an updated copy of the PDF file earlier in the thread.

I have added various things which I think are a requirement for fitting a hybrid, and the associated costs.

If you're planning on doing this from an otherwise standard S3 - you best sit down. There are things than can be altered or removed - but if you're going to do it properly....

http://www.thewellings.co.uk/audi-sport/hybrid/K04-Hybrid-Breakdown2.pdf

EDIT: No labour included.... that's just parts. And the mapping.

This is the list I was meaning Welly. Sorry its a PDF not XLS

Last edited:
What a thread. To see this development to now people getting 400bhp on a hybrid. Did you have a 3" downpipe on through this all?

The car is still going but under new ownership (and has been for a while).. bumble still pays Bill a visit from time to time..

20171029-96dpi-IMG_9267-Edit.jpg

20171029-96dpi-IMG_9278-Edit.jpg

20171029-96dpi-IMG_9319-HDR-Edit.jpg

20171029-96dpi-IMG_9256.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: hydro s3 and Tj 0785