Number plate - help needed

Brooksy

Reaction score
Website
www.rackmire.co.uk
Went to Tescos today to find out when I got back that my number plate was smashed on the floor in front of my car with the number plate surround in pieces. Great fun!
Problem now is when I get new ones in is how to fit the surround to the bumper? How and what to use? Currently what's left of the original one looks like it's glued or bonded on with sticky glue or or something. Do you know what this stuff is called etc so I can use it for the new plate or will the old stuff be sufficient enough to use again to hold the new plate surround?

slodge of tiger seal or some double sided sticky foam tape thingy for number plates

Ok, thanks for your suggestions. Is it easy to remove the glue that was originally on there before? It's flexible/ soft, so I'm gathering it shouldn't be too hard.?

Thanks, I have just checked last night and the front is screwed on compared to the back which has tiger seal of some sort on. So this should be easier than i thought hopefully. Just waiting on delivery of Number Plate and Number Plate surround.

cheers for the input.

Where did you get your number plate surround from?

ebay, I'll find the link for you if you need it after work.

Surround is just a plain Black with flip up to insert the plate. At the bottom should be Audi lettering with the 4 rings either side embossed in white(small text).
Price: little over £10 inc. postage.
Reviews said they had it within 2 days.

I was thinking of spending a little more on the german style ones but funds are low after spending £235 on 4 new tyres on the Sat.

Number plate from Ebay aswell, £4.97 including delivered. ordered yesterday and came today at work. MOT compliant fully legal. Choose your lettering style, front or back and if wanting the blue GB euro logo or not. Bargain.

Sounds really good, always thought they were a smart little addition just something I have never got round at looking at. Link would be great if it's not too much hassle, cheers.

Sorry about the delay mate,

Surround link:
Linky

No. Plate Link:
Linky

Yet to check surround as it's arrived 2 hours ago and in the warehouse. But checked the no.plate on the way home and it's mint. for a cheap replacement £4.95 or whatever inc. postage you can't go wrong.

Yeah for £5 you can't complain, and cheers for the link, surround looks nice, think I'll be ordering one once I finish work.

b66859e5.jpg

Quick photo of the plate and surround

dare I say, albeit a bit late, there was always the option of getting some chrome surrounds to match the upper grill on your car unless you have plans to dechome that part of the grill in the future.

.......But I bet you all knew I was going to say that as soon as you saw my namne as the last poster !
:laugh:

Last edited: