S3 Rear wash pipe routing- help needed

sportquattro

Reaction score
Hi Peops, did the fitting of the repair kit to the rear wiper washer/motor today but still no water coming on rear window, tried it with the pipe disconnected and no water some out, I can hear the pump working, and I think it has a leak towards the left had rear of the car. I'm assuming a union in the pipework has popped undone, I know it's not the one under the airbox as i have checked that one and it is wired together nice and snug. Does anyone know if there is a union toward the rear of the car? and if so how does one get at it.

Thanks in advance

Nige

Last edited:
check your rear floor passenger side, there is a join there I think.
There is deffo one in the boot above the passenger side wheel, it is tucked in behind the subwoofer. This one had popped on mine.

Give it a fair squirt and look for signs of any liquid coming out at the back and running down by the rear of the car at around the corner of the rear bumper.

Not really a bitch to get to the one behind the sub mate. if you have small hands you might get it without removing anything. If you do need to remove trim it is pretty easy to remove. just a few screws hidden behind the tie down loops and at the side of the rear seats for which you need to fold the seat forward.
go fix!

I'm having the exactly the same problem! I know its leaking near the sub as pink washer fluid was pouring out of the back left corner behind the wheel but can feel any dampness or see anythin in the sub cubby hole but the smell of washer fluid is strong. Think its gonna have to be a trim off job :( really not looking forward to that. Found out this morning after giving the washer jets a good blasting that my stereo is now cutting out so I turned it off asap!! Think there must be a pool of water or the leads are damp!

Anyone know which tools are needed to get the trim off/sub out?