Disable ECU via VAGCOM

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if you can do this. so you can't start the car even with the key.

Just think about when i go away i can disable the car completely.

Even if you could do this with VGACOM I would be in fear of not being able to bring it back to life !

I take it you don't have a Revo remap then mate?

What about if u were to pop the coilpacks out? 5min job?

haha that is nuts. Cant you rent a rotweiler to guard it for you

maybe pull out fuel pump relay? Although some of these criminals are cleverer than we think.

my APR software disables the ecu...but like said its a bit extreme to disable it ...there are plenty of things to do to immobilise it...pull the fuel pump fuse...

If you have the SKC, you can tell the immobilser that there is no keys for the car (via instruments 17).
No matter if you leave the key in the car, it wont work.

If you have the SKC, you can tell the immobilser that there is no keys for the car (via instruments 17).
No matter if you leave the key in the car, it wont work.

How do you restart it afterwoods? Since you need the ignition to be live for Vagcom to work, or does that part of the car stays active?

I'd just jack the car up, remove 2 wheels and put some bricks under, then it won't be going anywhere! lol

How do you restart it afterwoods? Since you need the ignition to be live for Vagcom to work, or does that part of the car stays active?

No you dont need keys in the ignition to scan and operate module 17 instruments, it is set to be always active.

Maybe you need one of those kits...:rock:

flamecar.jpg

lol, on top of the battery on that little bar with the electrical connections on is the main live for the fuel pump.. take the 10mm bolt off and put a rubber washer underneath. don't ask how i know but it works a treat :)

is it an AGU? if so u could unplug the ignition amplifier then it wont start at all

Was playing with Vagcom earlier n saw a 'transport mode'. Does this turn the shock sensors off on the alarm or does it make the car undriveable?

Maybe you need one of those kits...:rock:

flamecar.jpg

You know these were real aswell in South Africa, aswell as a briefcase with the same feature cause of so much carjacking.

The plate shows for Gauteng Province which includes Joburg, where it was rife.