Any one interested in a Haldex ECU upgrade group buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gdave83

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have wanted to upgrade the Haldex ECU for some time now, but the price has always put me off.

Just testing the waters... Anybody interested in a group buy?

Waks Wide Web

This graph was supplied by either Haldex or Evolve (Volvo tuner
that helped Haldex develop the HPP software), and tries to show
how Haldex clutch engagement follows engine load for stock
versus HPP software.

haldex-hpp-v-stock.gif
haldex-hpp-v-stock.gif

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation as you I would like one but like you say the price puts me off. I would rather spend it on other mods.
If we can get a decent price then I will be up for it but money is a bit tight at the min other mods in pipe lines so really does depend on the price.

Yep I completely agree, I don't see why we couldn't get at least 20% off with enough people.

I'll have to ring around but it's easier to get prices once we know how many we are dealing with

Last edited:
:banghead::banghead::banghead: I've been looking for ages, I can't find a second hand one any where, how did you manage that?

Yep I completely agree, I don't see why we could get at least 20% off with enough people.

I'll have to ring around but it's easier to get prices once we know how many we are dealing with

The price of them have gone up in recent years due to crap exchange rates, as the pound gets weaker, we are forced to pay more for items in the UK. I doubt there's a 20% mark up on them, unless you can get hem directly from the suppliers.

Again i'd be interested if the price was right :thumbsup:

I think your right, I was thinking about trying to get them direct from germany/Europe anyway.

If we have enough people direct suppliers shouldn't say no to the order, as the distributors in the UK probably only buy a couple at a time anyway.

Exchange rate is the main problem, I have seen just under £100 pound increase in the last year and abit

Last edited:
So... interested people. obviously depending on the price....

B1gdave83
S3 BAby
S3 D2HTY

What is the price of the Haldex controller in UK? I spotted a company who is selling them for £645 here in Sweden, cheaper or not?

Last edited:
how much are they normally then?

edit: nevermind, should have refreshed before replying :banghead:

So... interested people. obviously depending on the price....

B1gdave83
S3 BAby
S3 D2HT
Dane

That's quite a lot of interest considering this thread has only been going an hour, Keep um coming

Typical - just had to buy one of these as existing unit went kaput! APS was the cheapest I found.

Can notice the difference - then again I'd probably been running in 2wd for 3 months so getting the rear wheels back was good.

This one looks more interesting :

Haldexstandalone.jpg

It has a display and 4 different settings.

Sadly not...it's from a german company.

S3 BAby
S3 D2HT
Dane
Dani-B19
Rouge

I'll keep this thread going, even though I have one on it's way. I'll still try and get you lot a good deal

Sods law isn't it...:keule: Id been looking for months, so I couldn't let it go.
I will hold to my word though, even if I have to buy another to make the numbers up.

I'm sure I could sell it again, as someone always misses the group buys :p

I like the idea of the switchable one with the lcd screen :).

Actually, that bottom device is quite interesting as well, if not applicable for most. It's a mechanical replacement for the electronic Haldex controller with a manual switch to dial in the percentage. Pretty cool.

If this is still likely to be happen, I would potentially be interested dependant on cost

i would like to know how would the car drives with the performance controller...
I am not convinced to pay 1000$ and i cant test it before and its not very popular yet.
???

i would like to know how would the car drives with the performance controller...
I am not convinced to pay 1000$ and i cant test it before and its not very popular yet.
???

Drives exactly the same normally, but when it comes to fast driving it changes slightly. Gearchanges at max revs, the car back end doesn't squat, as the 4WD is engaged fully when you change gears, bit more grip during corners when you apply the throttle mid corner instead of washing wide as you wait for the power to go to the rears. Normal day to day driving, you won't even know it's there, but accross a twisty B road with some decent suspension, you will feel it working.

HTH.

I've been hoping to find one of these at a good price for a while now.
Has the group buy happened yet?
Have I missed it already?

Status
Not open for further replies.