Any one interested in a Haldex ECU upgrade group buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much does a second hand normal haldex controller go for? worth thinking about i guess

as long as they don't want any money before the end of the month thats cool with me.

S3 Baby
S3 Dave
Westle
S3 Gazz
AAron77
Ryan_W
dancarpy
jdas03
Mush
Colicabcadam
Reesyboy
Quattro1
CeciltheSausage
Cees48
Dane
MintyS3
S3 CYP

One for me please, thanks.

Yeah, I think I'll hang onto mine for a while, and wait until all you lot have either forgotten about, or sold your old ones.

Is it an easy to change from the old one to the new one?

If you can get them direct from Sweden for around the £500 mark, that'd be amazing!

I put money on it that the UK distributor for Haldex could/will drop to £550 inc.vat per unit if we can get 15 who will definitely pay up!

Yeah, I think I'll hang onto mine for a while, and wait until all you lot have either forgotten about, or sold your old ones.

Is it an easy to change from the old one to the new one?

Fittings easy even I managed it and I'm useless!

I put money on it that the UK distributor for Haldex could/will drop to £550 inc.vat per unit if we can get 15 who will definitely pay up!

I think that this should be put to them, although it's unlikely that all of us will end up getting them

We should be able to get somewhere near that figure, as I doubt they sell 15 of them in 6 months, so if they could sell that in a few days, it's got to be worth them doing a good price

guys, guys...there seems to be a frenzy getting carried away to chuck more money away on your cars....unneccessarily in my opinion. Unless your planning on driving it hard are you really going to notice on your every day travels ? I certainly would not be falsely attracted to an S3 with an uprated controller on it, but I'm also another who wouldn't by one fully blown only to hear the selling owners say never driven hard....yeh, right .
unless you hit the tracks occasionally then hey - go for it.
Oh and if you like to drive like a maniac on normal roads then hey, go for it.
The occasional spirited driver....this item is not for (wise old Yoda speak). Even at £500 money better spent on a better brake setup, alloys or possibly suspension overhaul (note I said overhaul & not lowered or hardened) - money much better spent.

guys, guys...there seems to be a frenzy getting carried away to chuck more money away on your cars....unneccessarily in my opinion. Unless your planning on driving it hard are you really going to notice on your every day travels ? I certainly would not be falsely attracted to an S3 with an uprated controller on it, but I'm also another who wouldn't by one fully blown only to hear the selling owners say never driven hard....yeh, right .
The occasional spirited driver....this item is not for (wise old Yoda speak). Even at £500 money better spent on a better brake setup, alloys or possibly suspension overhaul (note I said overhaul & not lowered or hardened) - money much better spent.
mate your ruining the dream !
haha so you would be interested in a 50/50 split 4wd?

oh and each to there own but that chrome strip round your tail lights looks pants.

Last edited:

better brake setup, alloys or possibly suspension overhaul (note I said overhaul & not lowered or hardened) - money much better spent.

May I ask why you have bought an S3 then, as you seem to drive everywhere sensibly?

In my case - Done, Done and Done. So I fancy 'wasting' some money on this.

Thegoal. I see your point mate but those that aren't interested have either read this thread and not posted or read the title of the thread and thought "this isn't for me".

I'd like to think that everyone in this thread is serious about buying one of these controllers.

May I ask why you have bought an S3 then, as you seem to drive everywhere sensibly?

In my case - Done, Done and Done. So I fancy 'wasting' some money on this.

I would class myself as the occasional spirited driver not sensible all the time-that would be very difficult. These days I just dont drive it as much as I would like so there are a few more spirited drives than normal, but nothing over the top. When I do I enjoy my car and the experience. I shoud have added, but it was fairly obvious...
and if you have money burning a hole in your pocket then hey, go for it.

To dancarpy, chrome will see it's day come back again. whether it does now or in a few years time I like it.

S3dave, phychologically you will be pushing it that bit more so I would say yes to your last question and it's not just the clutch I would worry about.

Think of all the fun in the snow!

Although I might not have done the suspension yet, my aim is to do it and the Haldex controller too. Sure the suspension is a better investment, but if I intend on getting the controller anyway, why not buy now and save over £100 in the process? Frankly, you can sell the blue controller second hand for a decent amount too so if I sell up or strike hard times, I can recoup most of the cost. I see it as a no brainer if the offer is right...

^^THIS^^

Speaking from someone who has one fitted, you don't even know it's there to be honest, and it's most effective on a tuned up car with stage1 remap at the very least and sorted suspension!

In the snow, yes, you notice it's there, it can go into drift mode the moment you plant the throttle, but how often is that, and you really have to be committed and hold the throttle on 50% or more for it to be locked 50/50.

Out on the open road again, how often do you use the throttle mid bend to make use of the traction? The S3's chassis is so biased towards understeer, you rarely have the bottle to trust the throttle on 50-100% mid bend, but you can do this out on the track!

Now I'm not saying it's not worth the money, but unless you have the added power/torque of a remap and a sorted front end on your S3 - think lowered and uprated shocks - then there's very little benefit of this device on your car in my opinion.

And finally, yes, I would have though it would put some added strain onto you transmission, in particular, the transfer box on the gearbox, as the S3 doesn't have a central diff to allow for varying rotational speeds between the front axle and rear when going into corners.(Unless you are drifting through the corner, then it wouldn't matter!:racer:)

Just got off the phone to Sweden,

It doesn't look like there going to help us. The fellow I spoke to said we would need to purchase a minimum of a 100 units for them to ship them out. thats a whole lot of cash needed there.

Awesome are going to get back to me at some point this afternoon.
Just waiting to speak to someone at JBS, we keep playing phone tennis at the min.

Keep you posted

thanks for your effort Bud!

Due to my controler start to fail, so if you can beat the Spanish local dealers price (about 745 quid shipped to Spanish address), I am interested in buying, so add me to the list.

S3 CYP

S3 Baby
S3 Dave
Westle
S3 Gazz
AAron77
Ryan_W
dancarpy
jdas03
Mush
Colicabcadam
Reesyboy
Quattro1
CeciltheSausage
Cees48
Dane
MintyS3
S3 CYP
Beeitch

Hi guys

if there room count me in...I know I'm new but I want let you down

S3 CYP

S3 Baby
S3 Dave
Westle
S3 Gazz
AAron77
Ryan_W
dancarpy
jdas03
Mush
Colicabcadam
Reesyboy
Quattro1
CeciltheSausage
Cees48
Dane
MintyS3
S3 CYP
Beeitch
Day

Right Awesome got back to me over the weekend.

They said they can’t do any better than the tt-shop’s offer as the tt-shop are the main uk importer/distributor.
The fellow also said that we will be very lucky to find a better offer than that.:(

Does anybody know anywhere else that sells them?:think:

Quick update on numbers..

We have 20 on the list

S3 Baby
S3 Dave
Westle
S3 Gazz
AAron77
Ryan_W
dancarpy
jdas03
Mush
Colicabcadam
Reesyboy
Quattro1
CeciltheSausage
Cees48
Dane
MintyS3
S3 CYP
Beeitch
Day
Bigcheese - Gen 2 Controller

If the best we can do is tt shops offer how many are still up for if it. I'm thinking of ringing them up and asking for a new price for 20 units.
Maybe we might be able to knock another 20-60 quid off.

Is it worth asking the TT shop what they would do for 15 and then what they would do for 20?

Is it worth asking the TT shop what they would do for 15 and then what they would do for 20?

I will do, but i did ask originally and he said that he "might" lower if we hit 20.

but its worth a shot.

like westle says i'll be well happy with 550 thats 140 off.

Just out of interest How much would i be able to get them for if i buy 100 from the manufacturer, if i could get rid of 20 units straight away (at cost) im sure they would do well on ebay i think it would need to be £400 ish or if someone wanted to go half 50 units each?

Just out of interest How much would i be able to get them for if i buy 100 from the manufacturer, if i could get rid of 20 units straight away (at cost) im sure they would do well on ebay i think it would need to be £400 ish or if someone wanted to go half 50 units each?

That's a good idea Dave and probably a good little money earner if you can find a partner to go halfs with.

Well...if you can get them for £400 then thats £40,000 for 100 then sell them for £500 each, you'll make £10,000 profit. If you sold them full price at £690, you'll make £29,000 or £25,200 if you sold 20 of them for £500.

There is money to be made on them for sure, if you dont mind it in dribs and drabs...plus AS.net get a right bargain... it would be nice to shift 50 units straight away i would be interested...maybe a post on the TT forum..

If i had the wedge id be doing that, reckon they would go within a year no problem! Tax free aswell.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.