Aircon rattle!

trlg06

Reaction score
Has anybody had this problem before, when i put the a/c on i can here rattling from under the bonnet.
I'm not sure if this is normal as i've never had a/c before.
Thanks.

i dont get that, do you know if you get the same rattle when the radiater fans come on?

It rattles all the time, but seems to be worse on idle.
The a/c works it's just noisy.

if you turn the A/C off do you still get the rattle when the radiator fans come on when the ebgine coolant gets hot?

when i turn the A/C off the rattle stops. It rattles from start up and when the engine is fully warmed up.

I have this noise also. I had it checked out at my mate's garage. Both mechanics checked it out and said that it's on it's way out. (the air con pump).
They said it's best not to use it, or if you do don't put it under heavy load. They cost around £500 average to replace. £480 for non-genuine and £500-£550 for genuine audi part.

Thanks for the reply, it's always bad news:crying:. On the bright side winters coming so wont need it, just need to fix my windows now they seem to work when they feel like it :ermm:.

sure its not just the clutch pulley unit rattling rather than the pump itself? you can replace the clutch pulley separatly.

Thanks for the reply, it's always bad news:crying:. On the bright side winters coming so wont need it, just need to fix my windows now they seem to work when they feel like it :ermm:.

hmm.. that's strange. Checked all fuses? What's the car like electricly? Have you noticed any other strange goings on with the electrics? Only other thing would be is perhaps water/liquid has somehow got to the window's electric system and might just need a good clean on the connectors.

sure its not just the clutch pulley unit rattling rather than the pump itself? you can replace the clutch pulley separatly.

I'll have a look but i'm sure it's coming from the a/c itself.

hmm.. that's strange. Checked all fuses? What's the car like electricly? Have you noticed any other strange goings on with the electrics? Only other thing would be is perhaps water/liquid has somehow got to the window's electric system and might just need a good clean on the connectors.

Electricly the car seems fine, the windows need looking at they dont seem to sit straight in the door maybe a clips broke and needs replacing, the window goes up slowly stops then drops, so i need to physically help it all the way up.
When i get the a/c topped up i'll get it looked at hopefully it wont be to expensive.