Work on the S3 problem free until....

jdas03

Reaction score
Hi,

I spent most of the day doing a few things to the S3.

Firstly i changed the cam cover breather hose as the old one was falling to pieces, i also changed the down pipe from the hockey puck valve into the air intake, again very weak.
This all went fine, only i discovered that the plastic tube connecting to the cam cover breather hose was a bit broken. I tidied it up and went to Audi for a replacement.
Only problem is they couldnt find the part number :applaus:
The following picture shows the bit i mean:

IMG_0090.jpg

Could some one please tell me the part number or alternative?
At the moment its a bit bodged with a jubilee clip holding it in place :wacko:

My second task today was the N249 bypass, as alot of the hoses were weak!
This all went fine, took some time because of the stupid clips Audi put on the smaller hoses but no big dramas.

On putting it back together i think i may have a problem....
As i put the metal tray attached to the dipstick holder back in place i heard a crack...
I think the Dipstick holder may have cracked, common i know.

Firstly what should i do? the dipstick is still in place, just feels loose.

Should i be driving it?

And lastly i have been looking for a guide on how to replace the dipstick to no avail... Anyone created one?

Any comments much appreciated!

Last edited:
The dipstick will be fine to drive for a short while, will just **** some oil out, the dipstick litleraly just pulls out, just be carefull for bits dropping into the sump, when refitting the dipstick use a little oil on the base and push it in, its tight but it goes in.

Unsure on the parts name or number, i have a APY engine and the plastic pipe you've got is different to mine, ive got a metal hardpipe instead.

Ah right thank you, glad to hear :)
I think tomorrow i might carefully remove the dipstick housing and see if there is anything thats already dropped in as i dont think plastic going round the engine will be too good :-S

Any one know the part number or if there is somewhere online i can get a replacement, couldnt find one on ECP :-(

Just replace with silicone mate :), my engine bays covered in it now, haha.

haha really a silicone dipstick housing! Id consider doing that if at sale time someone didnt come to me and ask what the hell i did to the dipstick! lol

RE pipe, if it's bam i think it'll be 06A103213AK should think nearly £30, waste of money just do it in R6 or silicone as the others have said, if that one is bad i'd check the pcv valve and housing together with the right angle oil return

also i'd find yourself a new dealer, if they can't find even find a part number don't think i'd trust them with much!!!

Last edited:
WOw thats a rip off! thanks for all your replies think ill find away round replacing the bit of plastic! not paying 30 quids!
And yer the dealer is crap, rang them again today and they said they would call me back, 7 hours later at their closing time no call back!
I swear Audi has terrible customer service!