R32 vs Neuspeed vs Whiteline ARBs

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
Another 'answers on a postcard please'

I'd like opinions with standard suspension and B8's + H&Rs if possible please.

I have neaspeeds sitting in my room at home, 22F and 19R i think, not much good sat in a box tho, am planning on going with the billy B8s and HRs

Another 'answers on a postcard please'

I'd like opinions with standard suspension and B8's + H&Rs if possible please.

Car handles very well with these ARBs on the Billys and H&Rs I must admit, I will be running the same ARBs with Eibachs springs and billys soon.

Think eibachs are 25mm front and 20mm rear drop, also about £50 cheaper than the H and R's for hardly any difference in feel iirc.
Neuspeeds, billys and eibachs are on my shopping list!

It's quite a dilema as to the way forward. Standard R32 ARBs, Neuspeed/Whiteline? Billys with H&R, Billys with Eibachs, KW Coilovers?

Obviously, the R32 bars a lot cheaper and seem to be a good option but it will also depend on wether I buy and fit them without changing the shocks for a while. All I do know is that it handles like a pile of slushy dog sh!t - actually, worse - at least the dog sh!t gets everywhere and sticks like superglue!

I feel like I've opened up a can of worms here! LOL

I run R32's but I fitted them when they were the preferred and only choice,I've heard whitelines are the ones to go for

I run R32's but I fitted them when they were the preferred and only choice,I've heard whitelines are the ones to go for

That's what I'd use on the Impreza but I don't know what they're like for zee germans. I'm really starting to look at the wrong side of a bag of sand for everything now!! I really shouldn't be doing this at my age!

OK, so now I'm starting to get a headache!! Whiteline ARB's are considerably thinner than H&R which are slightly thinner than Eibach. Obviously, the thicker the roll bar, the less body roll so which one??? AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

A deciding factor is that I've found the Whiteline ones for £252 22mm front and 18mm (adjustable rear). They also do a 20mm front which would, I'm guessing give me more oversteer?

The others are much thicker 25mm/21mm and 26mm/24mm respectively............. I think I need another beer!

Sounds like they all have their benefits, if i were in your shoes id go for the cheaper of the bunch as they all seem pretty good!
I thought about buying some R32 and sticking them on my standard suspension till i had the funds for Billies but i haven't as yet!
If you do stick new arbs on standard suspension let me know how you get on - i know most people think you have to change springs and dampers at the same time for it to make any difference!

Buddy, search for Ess Three's thread on suspension. That answers a lot of questions, I assure you. Even though it is now quite old, the idea stands i.e. the sizes of ARB that work the best.

Buddy, search for Ess Three's thread on suspension. That answers a lot of questions, I assure you. Even though it is now quite old, the idea stands i.e. the sizes of ARB that work the best.

I did read Glen's thread about 2 years ago and then thought 'f@ck that, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive!' but I'm thinking the time has come to bite the bullet and start spending some money (bearing in mind that I've only just changed the oil after nearly 2 1/2 years
- I'll stand against the wall now so everyone can shoot me!) on it. I'll look it up again later and see what's what. I suppose I'd really like to get back to the go kart handling of my Impreza but not shake my teeth out.

@JoJo - That explains it then. Wonder what difference it'll make with the car lower at the front to it being lower at the back??

@JoJo - That explains it then. Wonder what difference it'll make with the car lower at the front to it being lower at the back??

Well, with my current setup, the back end has waaay more grip than the front, so I'm hoping the ARBs will cure the problem. H&Rs spring'd S3 handles beautifully, infact, I would say it's very close or the exact setup as Ess-Three's recommended setup, right down to the BBS rims offset and spacers.

Sounds good to me Joe, it's just having the confidence in making a decision and sticking with it. I'm getting a bit fed up of driving around in a blamange!! LOL

had R32`s on std and billys/H&R and felt good on both set ups , felt odd with just rear R32 one fitted on std susspension

I've got R32's on with AP coilovers made a massive difference than standard setup but i had to do some thing cause i had cracked springs and roll bar while money was a bit tight.

would recommend to people on a budget.

Well I've re-read Glen's thread and recon the way forward is a rear R32 arb at 19mm and then any other 22mm front.

Some of the ARBs are just way to large and I still want some kind of compliance on the road!

I don't see an issue with mixing and matching as long as the sizes are right?