Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status

DIY S3 Oil Change

Need some advice please and I can't get the forum search funtion to work properly!!

I haven't changed the oil in my S3 for ages......well for ever actually so better late than never!

I remember reading on here about some Fuchs Oil for around 15 for 5l but when I visited my local GS they said they were discontinuing it. They had 5 individual 1l packs left and sold it to me at 30 including the filter and the chap said there's no way on earth they'd be selly 5l packs at 15!! Am I getting onfused with 10w40???

Anyway, is there anything else I need apart from the oil and filter? (don't say tools - I have them) and how easy is it to do?
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    if your just changing oil+filter might wanna get a replacement sump plug too. how many miles is it on? when and what was done at service?

thats me

Status
    GSF have stopped supplying fuchs, u seem to have everything so should be ok
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Ross_S4

Status
    it is a really easy job that audi have kindly made that little bit more awkward. the boost pipe between the bottoms of the two intercoolers is kind of in the way for getting the filter off.
    It's not a big deal but just awkward if you have arms like telegraph poles or hands like a gorilla. In fact if you have any kids get them to reach up for you. win win.

2nd Gear

Status
    Might be worth looking at doing the oil pickup pipe and filter too, guide is in the stickies.
    2001 Audi S3 - AMK 210bhp
    Tarox F2000 discs front - Tarox 401 Rallye+ pads
    Tarox F2000 discs rear - Tarox 112 Strada pads
    Goodridge brake lines
    TT pedals
    N249 bypass

Finally back on the road, have a HUGE list of mods and things to do now!