APR engine software

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My car will be going to Awesome very soon to have a few bits and pieces done and fitted.

The guys there mentioned they provide APR engine mapping. I know there are REVO lovers and haters on here, and yes I have searched but either there's an issue with the search, or there are no threads on APR, as it returned no results ... ?

Anyhoo, good points, bad points, reviews?

Many thanks!

APR is a very smooth map and Revo is an aggressive map. Why don't you do trials of both maps? Revo do 5 hours and APR do 6 hours.

I think mr g got his car apr'd not long ago and only had good things to say.

My mate had an apr map on his s3, thought it was very good.. although his was not progressive like troopa says, it was more aggresive (this was a few years ago tho!).

I was talking to some one at santa pod who had an apr map.. he said they have a new one out which is better, gives more torque.

I had the APR map on my LCR (same engine). I had the 95 ron map at first and tbh couldn't really tell but with the 98ron map it was totally different. As said before it is really smooth unlike the aggresive Revo map, but it did give the same figures on the RR.
Also had the anti-theft option on which is a great idea if you have the cruise switch.

You can disable the ECU so it's impossible to start the car, you then need to input a 4 digit code to re-enable it. All of this is done via the cruise switch

APR is a very smooth map and Revo is an aggressive map. Why don't you do trials of both maps? Revo do 5 hours and APR do 6 hours.

I can think of worse ways to spend 11 hours!
Sorry i dont have any knowledge of the APR map. ive got revo, but you already know what there like.

Thanks for the replies Ju. Awesome mentioned the switching. I have CC so dependant on costs, the standard, high ron and valet options would be very useful.

full of praise for apr here , very good torque figuers too
the switchable map thing is very good too, bit of a faf for everyday use with the imoboliser but good if your going on holiday etc