Inlet manifold spacers

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Right i'm gonna take my inlet mani off this weekend to give it a bit of a clean and poweder coat it black.
Has anyone heard of inlet manifold spacers there 10mm thicker and i've heard they give you better top end.
and keep it cooler as well becuase the heat is not transfered from the block to the inlet manifold.
Might give it a go for the money.

Intake Manifold Spacer, 1.8t, Phenolic - 034 MOTORSPORT

What do you think?

I run a phenolic spacer like that... does help a bit in keeping inlet temps down a tad but its not a cure all and won't prevent heatsoak.... as for better top end? very much doubt that.... Bill sells um btw :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

Considering the transition one for mine I must admit, although I thinks gains would be negligible.

Maybe run a ptfe gasket too. Used to run one on my clio sport and were proven to lower intake temps by almost 7degrees

Maybe run a ptfe gasket too. Used to run one on my clio sport and were proven to lower intake temps by almost 7degrees

World of difference between normally aspirated and forced induction... turbo cars just get hot no matter what... nature of the beast.... can't compare like for like...

<tuffty/>