PCV Valve?

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Morning everyone.

I need a new PCV Valve as i'm pretty sure it's knackered! Has anyone got a part number? Price? I need it for my 2001 AMK S3.

Thanks!

Jay

Need to be more specific mate... you on about the pancake valve coming off the rocker cover or the one in the t-piece coming off the block?

What has lead you to believe its the valve?

<tuffty/>

Errrmmmm i don't know which one Paul! I've already spoken to Bill about this but i'm just trying to gather a part number. I've put the Jetex on and i'm still down on MAF readings = 203 g/s! Sensor was only changed a month ago so it's not that. Bill and somebody else said to check the PCV valve as my breather hoses were changed to the Forge ones 2 weeks ago.

I thought PCV valve was 1 thing? lol.

The PCV is a system of pipes and valves just waiting to split and leak when you least expect it lol...

I would imagine he is referring to the on off the rocker cover as they are the ones that go as a rule... simplest route tbh is call a dealer... they will now what it is and you can normally haggle a 10% discount at least but I don't think its an expensive part... you could also get in touch with Stoke Audi who are sponsors of this very forum....

<tuffty/>

If its the hockey puck valve I can dig out the part number from my paperwork at home because I ordered a new one 2 months ago. It was about £25 too!!!

Did they not have one that was made of platinum and encrusted with jewels? LOL

I found the part number in the catch can thread - 06A 129 101 D. My mechanic has asked Audi and they said it's £26.04! It's only a little round thing! Goodness me!

Is this definitely what i need though to solve my problem of low MAF readings? I'm only getting 203 g/s on my Jetex and MAF is 1 month old. Breather hoses were changed to Forge ones 2 weeks ago. Badger Bill and somebody else told me to check this part so i'm hoping this is the one.

Did they not have one that was made of platinum and encrusted with jewels? LOL

The parts guy looked on the system and found it for £12 which I though ok I can live with paying that for a piece of plastic then he came back to me and said that he was looking at the "non ESP" valve. Apparently the ESP valve is bigger or stronger and also double the price! Unfortunately it was still plastic and not gold plated!

I found the part number in the catch can thread - 06A 129 101 D. My mechanic has asked Audi and they said it's £26.04! It's only a little round thing! Goodness me!

Is this definitely what i need though to solve my problem of low MAF readings? I'm only getting 203 g/s on my Jetex and MAF is 1 month old. Breather hoses were changed to Forge ones 2 weeks ago. Badger Bill and somebody else told me to check this part so i'm hoping this is the one.

Did I post that mate, I cant remember?

I honestly cant see the Puck vave being a problem as there isn't much to go wrong! The only reason I replaced mine was because I'd hacksawed the end off mine to try and get it to fit directly onto my TIP.

I would say that your issue is more than likely going to be a split pipe somewhere in the PCV system.

Owwww i hate this boost leak stuff! It drives me mad! I've changed all the breather hoses to Forge ones a couple weeks ago, are there more hoses to change within the PCV system?

These are the Forge ones i got, are there more hoses than this to change? .......

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

Last edited:
In the catch can guide Ollie managed to get the puck to fit directly onto the TIP so I tried to copy that. I couldn't get it to fit no matter what I tried so I ended up trying to file and hacksaw the lip off the valve to see if it would then fit but it still didn't. I ended up buying a new valve because I wasn't happy with a botched up one then I managed to get the new one into the TIP by soaking the TIP hose in boiling water so it was a bit more flexable.

If I could have been bothered I would have hunted round the scrap yards for another valve but it was easy to bend over the Audi Parts desk!

Well now i've been told it's the valve inside the pipe which runs off the bottom of the inlet manifold. I hope it isn't too hard to get to!

Here's the name and part number of the valve which is my problem........

Engine Block Breather Valve - 035 103 245 A

Is that the 3 port valve we re-use for the brake servo feed off the manifold when doing the catch can simplification?

Edit:

No its not, heres a pic with part numbers from the oil catch can thread, its from a post by Ollie (post 240).

3a.jpg

Last edited:
If your PCV valve is blocked/broken it's likely the rubber breather pipes are gonna be degraded and full of junk. None of mine were splitt but removed them to have a look and it was amazing how bad they were, i'd un-plug them and have a look inside. I've ended up pulling them all out and replacing with R6 oil pipe.
I thought you had already changed the pipes and fittings? or was that just the cam cover forge one, did you replace the pipes lower down?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to test it the PCV valve, suction jet and the pressure relief valve is functions properly. Aint some of them one way valves or something. I want to take the PCV system out and test/check everything to make sure no pressure is being lost.

Nathan

The pcv valve seems to be just a one way valve closed with a spring, mine had gunk around where it closes.

pcvinfo5.jpg

Not sure about suction jet,

The pressure relief valve works on preesure difference so you can't just blow through it to test

pcvinfo2.jpg

pcvinfo1.jpg

pcvsystem.jpg

Pictures and info from;
VWVortex.com - Info: PCV system diagram and cutaway valves

Last edited:
Thanks for that info. Job for the weekend I think taking the PCV system apart and cleaning it etc.

Someone said in a another thread that the pipe that comes from the middle of the inlet mani then goes into the suction jet ( plastic looking part in the pic above with the pink/white circle around it ) you shouldnt be able to blow down it, should be air tight. Is that correct because mine is not air tight.

Nathan