Pics of my new (ish) S3

Ian W

Reaction score
I put a few pics up when I got this in July but finally had chance to get it to a decent level of clean so took some pics....

Had some bits the last few days, new wishbone bushes, top mounts and bearings and new arb link arms, feels alot tighter now. Off to get alignment tomorrow.

Very hard to capture the colour of it, looks different depending on the sun.

SAM_0734.jpg

SAM_0735.jpg

SAM_0740.jpg

SAM_0730.jpg

SAM_0749.jpg

Bonnet has so many stonechips I think its been pebble dashed ! Rest isn't to bad..

Comments welcome :yes:

Mate that is so nice! The best colour S3 ive ever seen IMO

very very nice mate......pray we dont meet though cos i want your arm rest :(

awesome colour that mate, didn't know they did this one

Wow, that looks good, very nice colour indeed!!

Well done there mate.

nice colour comination with the interior although white is not my cup of tea. And as for your stoned chipped bonnet and I presume your front bumper, well yours is not the only one so don't worry about it.
Personally I would buy one with loads of stone chips than one which has had a bad respray and don't forget that. And I generally put my money where my mouth is hence why my one too is littered with stone chips.

Nice one, I used to see one parked in Brent cross all the time. love the colour

Nice car, what colour is it? kinda looks puple in the light, its nice :)
I'm also running "poverty" spec and would love a nice arm wrest to match my white interior!

Nice car, what colour is it? kinda looks puple in the light, its nice :)
I'm also running "poverty" spec and would love a nice arm wrest to match my white interior!

It is purple, Merlin Purple to be exact.

When the sun is on it you can see the true colour and the flakes popping in it.

Armrests in an S3 are GAY! Gets in the way of quick gearchanges!

I'm pretty sure the leather seats in my car is the same colour, but I notice that the little handle that flips the seat forward is white/cream coloured on your and black on mine! Facelift feature or mine has been replaced at somepoint early in it's life!

Its not thegoal007's cup of tea because it needs to be DRIPPING IN *CHROME* :) (joke)

Like it mate, nice head turner. How much did you et it for ?

Well, If I had that colour I would probably put the same chrome on it. The colour and shine on the car will compliment chrome down to the ground and really attract even more attention. Darken the grill and everything else and I wouldn't even notice you driving on the road even if your car is mint - but I gather that's the idea behind dechroming....being in stealth mode ! hey, there are loads of people here who like to be super fast and invisible.:laugh:

The flakes in your paint work you refer to I think is the pearl effect. The ming Blue ones have exactly the same and sparkle just as much. The more I see your car the more I like it. The alloys - perfect and the chrome mirros set it off just nicely too.

Very nice.

I'm not usually a fan of purple but that looks really good, nice clean example of an S3 and the white interior is a really good combination with the purple bodywork. Any plans for it?

err, disagree mate and in an un-gay way not everyone wants to do quick gearchanges all the time. It's especially nice and useful driving on motorways. I think once you get use to it you will always want it (but I suppose that's true of a lot of things !).

My armrest is always down which may explain my driving style :cool

love the car mate and love the colour.... best colour by a mile...

Great colour, never seen it on an 8l s3 before.

err, disagree mate and in an un-gay way not everyone wants to do quick gearchanges all the time. It's especially nice and useful driving on motorways. I think once you get use to it you will always want it (but I suppose that's true of a lot of things !).

My armrest is always down which may explain my driving style :cool

Couldnt agree more, now when i get in a car with no armrest it just feels so wrong and uncomfortable.

Love the colour by the way, is it merlin purple or something like that :think:

Haha tim hasn't got an armrest!

Didn't realise he was running a poverty spec !

I hope you both get tennis elbow!! :)

I'm pretty sure the leather seats in my car is the same colour, but I notice that the little handle that flips the seat forward is white/cream coloured on your and black on mine! Facelift feature or mine has been replaced at somepoint early in it's life!

well said, but like goal said Jo, you wont need fast gear changes when your gayly pottering along waiting for all the GAYS to notice you in your gayly specced up motor :)

Well you are probably right as I do get quite a few men look at it and approach me, but all they seem to wanna do is chat about my car and not chat me up. I do get a bit worried in the evenings when they are eyeing me up or is it the car - who knows ? The girls obviously do their best to pretend not to look, as usual.

If driving normal i.e responsibly is classed as gayly then I am more than happy for you to call me anything you want. You look after your car and the way your drive it and it will look after you.

*flips had southwards in the campest way possible* well 'th'said Mr Goal (in his best Louis Spence voice)