Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

Forge 007p fitted the opposite way?!

I have read that a few people have installed the 007p in the opposite way to normal. I understand that forge themselves say this can be done with no problem.

Does it just enhance the dumping noise. I wouldnt mind it being a bit louder, although not to the extent of a splitter valve.

can anybody confirm the functionality and difference of sound?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Apparently it is a bit louder, doesnt do anything other than enhance the noise so i have heard!
    How you mount it the other way though i'm not sure, as the DV i have clearly has a larger pipe for the bottom and side and smaller one at the top...

Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

Status
    Think he means the spilt r don't he ?
    Audi A3 Quattro Sport 180bhp

Pic's comimng soon !

Chugger

Status
    If you want to enhance dumping noise, just fit a cone type filter
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    I used to run the Forge 007p in reverse. I used to run it like this when i had a green cotton panel filter and wanted a bit more noise. It gives a loud chirp sound, almost like a jap whistle kinda thing lol. Also, at the time i had a green spring in my Forge 007p and in reverse it held more boost. I then got a bigger air filter so i put it the right way around because the noise would be nice and 'whooshy'. I felt a bit of lag so i put the required yellow spring into the dv and it feels so much better now!
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Fitting a 007p the wrong way round can allow it to leak boost... if you look at the way the 007p is designed it should be obvious...

If you want a louder 'whoosh' then first you need a remap as there isn't really enough boost pressure as std to make any real noise and second get a panel filter or cone filter...

Chirping noises are generally bad... typically means the air cannot escape quickly enough to release boost pressure and you are getting the onset of compressor stall... again, this is bad...

The Forge Split R valve fits 'the other way round' IIRC but this is by design and its not the best bit of kit anyway...

If you want a real noise, get a GT30 and run it 1.8 bar ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    So when can i have your car then tuffty?
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Troopa View Post
    So when can i have your car then tuffty?
    Oh yeah! ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post

Chirping noises are generally bad... typically means the air cannot escape quickly enough to release boost pressure and you are getting the onset of compressor stall... again, this is bad...
    But it sounds cool! lol.

I ran mine the wrong way round for a while, however is back to the correct orientation now.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

5th Gear

Status
    Why did you change it back Welly?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Fitting a 007p the wrong way round can allow it to leak boost... if you look at the way the 007p is designed it should be obvious...

If you want a louder 'whoosh' then first you need a remap as there isn't really enough boost pressure as std to make any real noise and second get a panel filter or cone filter...

The Forge Split R valve fits 'the other way round' IIRC but this is by design and its not the best bit of kit anyway...

<tuffty/>
    Thanks for filling me in on the finer details tuffty.

Iv got a stage 1 map and panel filter so there is a fair bit of induction noise, i dont fancy loosing my airbox.
    I only drive my s3 at weekends and sometimes i just want it to sound more like a performance petrol turbo car should (not like a tdi!)

If you want a real noise, get a GT30 and run it 1.8 bar ;P.......would love to!

I think ill leave the 007p in the correct way.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fran-s3 View Post
    Why did you change it back Welly?
    Running more boost now so was concerned about it leaking. It wasn't though, but there is always the potential there....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson