ME7 Uni setting - HELP

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Hi all,

Downloaded this today but not really sure if i should me messing around with the settings without knowing what i'm doing!!!

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/tuning/uni_setting.html

has anyone found a guide or even better has anyone used this before.

I'm having a guess you read the ecu first then save a copy of what it reads then do what you need to do then and write to ecu. at least then i'll have a back up of the current state.

what will i gain from changing the settings? any power???

If I read that right it allows you to essentially adjust values on the car to increase performance? So essentially remapping the car yourself?
Sounds dodgy to me! Surely if you didn't know the limits and had done alot of research you could really do some damage!
If you want more power get it remapped by a proper company, much safer and there maps are within known limitation

If I read that right it allows you to essentially adjust values on the car to increase performance? So essentially remapping the car yourself?
Sounds dodgy to me! Surely if you didn't know the limits and had done alot of research you could really do some damage!
If you want more power get it remapped by a proper company, much safer and there maps are within known limitation

Yeah thats what i think as well. I've already had my car remapped. just bored on the web found this. but like you say i'm scared as well last thing i want todo is f$#k the ecu.

think im gonna leave it alone becuase not sure what this will do!!!

Mate you really are a nightmare sometimes haha. If you do a search on here I did a thread when I first got my S3 about the possibilities of remapping your own car and I had a load of software too (I think I spoke to you about it because you offered you golf as a guinea pig).

Word of warning... any changes made using Uni Settings should be logged... before and after!!!! if you start playing silly buggers with ECU settings and you don't know what you are doing or what could result from it then don't try it...

There are plenty of guides on the web, Uni Settings is popular in the US... try VW Vortex and Audizine for starters...

Enjoy :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

play blind at your peril

boost cannot be turned up with this only down..
ign can be turned up - WARNING - too much will result in engine damage

if its mapped and running properly now, you are just likely to **** things up and make it worse..

do you know how to log?
would you know what you are looking at from a log?

if no to both - resist the temptation to mess your car up

surmen over

Badger i've had vag com for about a month. So still learning. I have been loggin. But i can't say i know it inside out. no i dont really know what im looking at aswell. I'm not going to touch it becuase she is running sweet. Im not looking to damage my car.

Thanks for the posts im glad i put this thread up before plug my car in.