Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Cawsey

Status

Angel eye with xenons

does anyone no if these headlights will fit the s3? are the a3 and s3 headlights the same?
    heres a link

HID Audi A3 1.8T TDI Black HALO ANGEL EYE Headlights 96 on eBay (end time 22-Sep-10 04:17:40 BST)

Cheers Danny

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    They probably will fit Danny, i'm not a fan of thoses lights though, if i was going to choose angel eyes i would go for these > Venom Motorsport Performance Car Parts - EBC Brakes, Black Diamond Brakes, FK Suspension, Eibach Suspension, Weitec Suspension, Supersport Suspension
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Cawsey

Status
    i must say sandip i perfer the ones you have just posted much more, it doesnt say wheather they are compatible with xenons tho.
    do u think i can just pop my standard once in them?

6th Gear

Status
    I doubt you'd be able to pop your old ones in bud, those angel eyes will take the standard H7 bulb but if you want those i'd get an HID kit, something like this maybe > H7 Xenon HID headlight conversion kits: HIDs 4U Cheaper kit are available i think lol

Standard d2s bulbs on an S3 are 4300k so a 5000k kit would look sweet
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought the ones Sandip posted. 99 from nicedeals.com A3 and S3 lights are different. Same shape but they're not designed for hid bulbs and wiring harness is different. S3 lights have a motor to tilt lights when there's a load in the back. Only the high beam bulb and wiring is the same. The good news is, I cut holes, rewired old wires, fitted some brilliant Philips HID 6000k bulbs and got the job done. Flagged the alignment motor as no weight is ever in the car. Easy to manually adjust and my new bulbs are a million times better and put a much better spread on the road so no need for alignment motor anymore. My car looks awesome now! Minimal tools required and after removing stock lights it's obvious what mods you have to do to the new lights. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, first one took me 7 hours, 2nd one took I hour. Fully watertight, which is very important. I even put a nice than black seal around the casing to make it snug in the bumper. Post photos later, only signed up today.