Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Neutral

Status

k04 hybrid buid. What is actually needed?

Hi guys.

I have been having a read through various posts about hybrids.

It may be the fact Im getting tired but not entirely sure what I will need for me to do this to my s3.

It looks like a fmic, new rods, exhaust, downpipe.

But is there anything else?

Also is this a worth while move or are there better options.

All I want is to have my s3 looking as standard as possible but with a reliable build. Would like around 300bhp ideally.

Hope you can help or at least point me in the right dirrection. Will carry on searching too.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I would also like to do this, and same as you, keep the outside stock looking.

I think your right by getting a FMIC, 3" downpipe, and uprated rods. Im getting those bits piece by piece and then a hybrid when ive got them all.
    _____________________________________2010 Audi A5 Sportback S-Line ____________________________________

Neutral

Status
    I am also very interested in doing some thing like this but unsure on the turbo, do you go hybrid and if so what stage.

i you havn't looked at this yet http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ng-thread.html its packed with great info.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    If i was you guys you need

Exhaust inc down pipe
    TIP
    Rods
    Hybrid
    440cc injectors as fueling will be on the limit with std stuff
    FMIC
    Clutch if it hasn't been done yet
    Coil Packs and plugs
    Mapping
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    If you haven't read the thread in the stickies (you looked in the stickies right?) CR K04 Stage 4 Hybrid, comparison to k04 then I would do that first...

How specific do you want to go with what is needed? Are you doing the work yourself or getting it done for you?

Basic hardware to get the best from a K04 hybrid is FMIC, 3" DP and 200 cell CAT, 440 cc injectors, panel or cone filter. Add to this rods for peace of mind (and to have the boost up high) and a stage 3 map of some description.

Other stuff that will be needed as part of the build will be headgasket, head bolts, big end bearings, mani to turbo gasket, turbo to DP gasket, G12 coolant, oil and filter change, sump sealant, inlet mani gasket, oil drian gaskets, oil feed seals, water pipe seals.....

Then there is the stuff that cannot be accounted for such as plugs, cambelt (worth changing at this point), oil pump pick up, water pump, MAF etc which may or may not need doing depending on how well maintained your car is....

Speedy Steve also runs a manual boost controller as this gives better control of higher levels of boost at this level of tune...

Add to this silicon TIP and silicon top hoses plus a Forge 007p DV to add to the reliability aspect then you have a fair idea of what you need..

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 30th August 2010 at 18:33. Reason: added extra bits
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    And then you have to make sure the car can handle the power, more powerful brakes might not be a bad idea, neither would uprated suspension. The never ending list goes on...

1st Gear

Status
    + Some deep pocket lol

5th Gear

Status
    YEP what they said LMAO
    Ive been Badger 5'd

Can we break the magic 300?????? In a word Yes 314 BHP 249 lbft at Badger 5

Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    steves is way quicker than any stock turbo'd s3 i have driven
    I only date skinny Women! They keep my power to weight higher...

Neutral

Status
    wow. Yea more there than I had thought of. Going to take me a while to save for the that lot.

I did have a read through that post plus others. May not of taken everything in though as so tired with the new little lad keeping us up. lol

Cheers for the info. Will keep reading and saving I suppose.