loosing boost again

mad max

sixth gear
Reaction score
in june took the car to amd cos it was loosing boost.they replaced the turbo hose and diverter valve and for six weeks the car has run well.or so i thought as my wife drives it most of the time.the other day i gave it welly and the car seems all revs and hardly any boost again.im hoping this is something simple like a clip has worked loose holding the hose in place any thoughts lads as this is starting to drive me mad.

personally i would get yaself a nice small bright torch and go on the hunt, most of the pipework under the bonnet will relate to boost hoses in one way shape or form so just check is all id say, if you cant find anything then pay a garage half hours labour to wack it on the ramp and have a look themselves, let them tell you what bit it is then do it yourself...thats what i do at JBS if im struggling

the frustrating thing is when i picked it up from amd and drove it home again seemed fine plenty of boost,high revs had gone.just plenty of boost and from low down in the rev range.surely another pipe couldnt have gone in that six weeks

anything can happen with an S3 haha...ive had 4 since owning mine and still think i have another on the horizon

You need to get the boost pipes pressure tested really, had mine mapped and it started spliting hoses, I seen a 10 plate A4 that had a map and split a hose so you never know really.

ello im new to this but i bet it is your hall sensor ( camshalf senor ) it is under the black camshalf cover easy to get to there will be two bolts holeding it to the engine try that im very sure it will help but go to a scrappy and try one from there