Turbo To Exhaust Manifold Gasket & Manifold Gasket :(

Dazboss

Like A Thristy Dingo ;)
Reaction score
Right ive had my car checked out by a turbo centre. He said the gasket to exhaust manifold from turbo ( 3 bolt ) & the exhaust manifold are leaking :(.

He said he'd need the car for 2 days & quoted me £175 for the job. Also said that the manifold will need skimming in case its warped.

Anyone ever done this job & came across it before ? Would anyone be willing to help a solider out hint hint :sorry:

TBH, its more likely the manifold is cracked, its common sadly. Get yourself a replacement manifold and hav a go yourself. Its fiddly but do-able within a few hours

I haven't got the know how or the space to attempt this job. Its a Quattro so the prop will need to be removed too :(

The prop will not need to be removed, the mani comes out from the top after removing some of the intake pipework etc.

I did our old TQS in a car park outside the hostel we were living in ( don't ask)

Wel i just went to uprate mine,saw a leak around that area,turns out mani was cracked,same gasket as your's,and turbo cracked in three places!,leave it untill you can afford the worst i would!

Last edited: