hose/pipe help and info, with pics.

brys3

Reaction score
hi, again. i noticed last week one of my plastic pipes had snapped clean off both ends with oil deposits around the connections. im not sure what the pipe does but the car appeared to run fine. i replaced the pipe this afternoon(pic 1), 35 quid! upon fitting i noticed, looking at the engine head on, at the bottom of the pipe there is a t piece then runs left to a plastic curved piece (pic 2, taken from my mates 20v golf) mine is not connected. it doesnt look like it has snapped off but it doesnt fit back on. could anybody enlighten me as to what this pipework does and if the disconnected pipe needs replacing or how to reattatch it. any help again will be very much appreciated.
pic 1,
pipe1.jpg

pic 2
pipe2.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like it has broke bud, change 06a 103 213 f, are all you other pipes ok under the intake manifold, they have a tendancy to split

I changed all the parts marked with a red dot, using both oem and Forge parts

3a-1.jpg

Good man I'll do the same, what exactly does it all do?

So how much of it would be removed through the installation of a catch can as I was thinking if getting one anyway

I'm not sure exactly but i know that the pcv valve goes (058 133 753 B), basically by having the catch can there will be less chance of split hoses which means less chance of losing boost. Mine's done 123k on the standard hoses and by replacing the common spliting hoses for the more superior Forge ones i think i'll be safe for quite a while:)

brys3, do you know the part number for the pipe you replaced in the first picture as mine is breaking?

also what is the easiest way to get underneath the intake manifold? take it off?

yon don't have to remove manifold, just the dipstick and metal plate which bolts to manifold and hold dipstick inplace, then you can reach under

brilliant thanks, oil catch can looks like far too much effort