Rear Electric Pop Out Windows on A3/S3

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Dont know if this was an option or not, but is there any way of having the rear windows on the S3 to be electric, as its a right pain in the ar5e having to get to them to pop them out manually!!!

Can't imagine it ever being an option, there is no where the switches could go, no blanking plates or anything that could of been an after thought.

Pain in the *** thiough, I always forget there open

could make an electric arm mechanism. if you drill throught he plastic lever bit plug it with a rod of some kind. And get a small electric motor to go up and down as u wish by switch then it could work.

dunno how u could do that in a tidy way and it would have to be a pretty strong motor.

e46 coupes had electric pop outs. maybe fabricate something...?

found that the renault megane coupe and Galaxy/Sharan/Alhambra

the peugeot 309 have some cable mechanism aswell maybe a different option

I can tell you that the old Lancia Y10 had exactly that; elctrical pop-out rear glass. If you could find some of that stuff...?

Was a long time ago now though...

Did a quick search on ClubGTI forum, I vaguely remember someone on there was gonna do the conversion using VW Sharan parts on their MKII Golf, unfortunately I can't find the post....

I recon a bmw E46 3 series coupe would be your best bet for salavaging motors/parts. Where you retro fit the buttons would be an the issue too. Maybe see if the drivers door trim/arm rest from an A4 with rear electric windows could be used.

I use them quite a bit especially with m'way driving as it saves me having my windows open, Im not a huge fan of A/C, much prefer to have natural air in the car, even if its cr4p air..lol!!

Also pretty good when the little one is in the back of the car.

Only car I have experience of that has the electic rear pop outs is the E46 and thats what got me thinking, would have been such a useful option and something that Audi should really have added to the car, considering it has everything else!!

Ah well...

I use them quite a bit especially with m'way driving as it saves me having my windows open, Im not a huge fan of A/C, much prefer to have natural air in the car, even if its cr4p air..lol!!

Also pretty good when the little one is in the back of the car.

Only car I have experience of that has the electic rear pop outs is the E46 and thats what got me thinking, would have been such a useful option and something that Audi should really have added to the car, considering it has everything else!!

Ah well...
i think the s3 is heavy enough!!

I use em when I've got the dog in the car and park up somewhere, so they are useful!

Me lazy?? Never!!!

Yea agree with you scott, only thing is when the cars dirty, i end up getting all dirty as well, as im a shortarse and have to stretch into the boot to open them!!

Do the 8ps have them??

Dave, do you really think two lil motors are going to weigh the car down??

You wanna see some of the kebabs I have, if i get in the car and dont have a dump, it defo adds more weight than a couple of motors...lol :)

Totally pointless windows, the ones on the 8P don't even open let alone in a motorised fashion.

i only use them everytime i wash the damned thing, its one of the few places where water congrigates, you have to undo them to release the water from that sill :)

LOL.....what a waste hey!!!

How cool would we look with electric pop out windows and headlight washers going off at the same time at the lights trying to look supercool!!

haha you've done that too then....pulled the washers on whilst pulled up next to a car of women at the lights :)

That was especially for you Timbo, as I know you love doing it and yes, ive done it too....dreading them staying up and jus pi55ing all the water out!!!

Cool points - minus a gazillion!!!!

Dave, you may or may not already know this, but they will only work when your headlights are on :)