Custom Exhausts! where to go

s3 jack

Reaction score
Ok got an s3 and want a custom exhaust system, I was thinking MIJ but been put off as there work doesnt look that good. Would luv to go pipe werx but to ****** far 6hr round trip.
Has anybody ever used lONG LIFE or EMP PERFORMANCE if so are they any gd, or if not anyone no of any places in the south East that are well rated.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

i got mine done at mij had no problems with it and its exactly what i wanted, from what i found there is no-one in the south east that stood out as being good

I was put off MIJ when i saw this link MobileMe Gallery its a tt but look at the bends :blink:.

They are in Birmingham and seem really cheep £285 for a catback on their ebay website

I haven't got one on the A3 but I used to have one on my 106 (hey I was 17, give me a break) which was done by Longlife in Plymouth. They did a really good job and were happy for me to sit around and watch them fabricate it. Wasn't overly expensive either.

If your getting the 3" downpipe, sports cat and cat back system then i would say Pipewerx, you only get it done once so might aswell do a proper job of it, if your going cat back only then MIJ would be a good option

Another quetion, if i have a 3" downpipe fitted will this bring on a warning light? My car is unmapped i think

i have a longlife made in plymouth also. it is utter rubbish! bad fit, hangs low, hangs to one side and now blows. the guy who did it was really rude too. i think i was unlucky but i would never go there again. i took it back and because i had clipped a speedbump they said it had been damaged so the lifetime warranty no longer counted.
places like longlife are a franchise so one can be totally different to another....

Wow... shocked by the difference we received in service and quality! :O

I had mine done about 5/6 years ago so maybe different folks running it now or they just stopped caring?!