Changing AWD to 2 Wheel Drive

johnboy1

Reaction score
Found out yesterday that if you pull your handbrake up 1 click it disingages the AWD System. I tried this and it does work. If you turn of the ESP it really does show the power of your car as the AWD does take away some of the power all it does is spin even in the Dry would be good from of the lights. I'm possibly going on about something that every one already no's about sorry if i am but thought that i would share this with you anyway.

Rob.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

any one verify this? sounds fun! i presume its front wheels that spin and not the rear, that would be fun if it was the rear!

Cant imagine that being too good for it , you can disengage haldex electronically by pulling the correct fuse out too.

Yes this is front wheel drive, I was hoping that it would be rear drive. I dont if it is any good for your car. Give it a try it puts a smile on your face

Aha!!! See you quattro boys wanting to come over to the front wheel drive dark side!!! Mwhahaahahahah

YOGi

[ QUOTE ]
richard_tricky said:
i thought i saw somewhere that there was a manual override available for the haldex system, i i recall it was about £1000 !!!!! cant remember who this electronic bit of kit is made by

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.
I know rhat Ace Competition of Sweden, sells a Haldex upgrade, made by Haldex itself.
This upgrade, make the Haldex more sporty.
If you want to know more, you can read this.
http://www.ace-competition.com/index.php?page=haldex&lang=eng

Reading this and some other testimonials, I ordered one, and I wait it to come.
Stay tuned.

Theodore.

The controller is wired to the handbrake switch, when the brake is engaged it cuts the power to the controller

that cant be true well may be true but i must damage some thing all that power going to front wheels and then to take off hand brake must be some snatch

Hi Guys,

I am curious as to which cars you think this should apply to, always up for a laugh, when I left the office last night I put the handbreak up one click after the car had warmed up, then put my foot down, just felt slower... thought that's not good, did it again and took the handbreak off half way and it was just like the handbreak had been breaking the rear wheels (very slightly though).

I am guessing this this idea only works for quattro's with traction control (the girly cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif) as mine is a 2000 model s3 without traction control I guess it doesn't have the same sensors on the wheels so the functionality is lost? sound about right to anyone???

Another side question, does anyone really see the need for traction control on an S3? I've only had one moment on a roundabout where the car did anything even remotely unexpected and that was my fault! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif