autobahn88 TIP's from ebay?

Any 4 ply would perform better than stock mainly in the heat however the softness would vary from one brand to another.

This has been done to death - use the search mate.

They are actually very good - a lot of people are using them on here with no complaints.

i did search, and there's loads of threads about the autobahn stuff, but not any of them from ebay :)

i'm happy to get an autobahn one but just wasn't sure if the one's on ebay where the usual fakes or if these were the genuine articles?

i got my autobahn one from ebay, cant remember what seller tho. Its very good, just as good as a friends forge item.

i did search, and there's loads of threads about the autobahn stuff, but not any of them from ebay :)

i'm happy to get an autobahn one but just wasn't sure if the one's on ebay where the usual fakes or if these were the genuine articles?

:thumbsup:

Fair enough dude.

I plan to buy one myself when funds are available....

That will be around or about the 8th October 2015.

Yeah I kept putting off the TIP even though its one of the cheapest things I've bought for the car! Decided to get it on there when I fitted my catch can before I went to the Ring. Just needed a kick up the backside really.

I have the Autobahn 88 TIP. Brilliant quality, damn good price, can't go wrong! :) Definitely recommend this to anyone and i felt a difference when i put it on the car. Spool up is ALOT louder and car doesn't does feel sluggish near the redline anymore.

Think you should do what im doing welly and make a custom 3" TIP :), got the idea of the lcr boys.

Think you should do what im doing welly and make a custom 3" TIP :), got the idea of the lcr boys.

I've got to get on and do something, thats for sure.

My OEM TIP feels like it's made of tracing paper and chewing gum it's so weak now....

Well the 3" tips look easier, 3" silicone elbow at the top coming off the maf, onto a 3" aly joiner that then has 4 outlets welded onto it for the dv etc then into a 3" to i think 2.5" elbow, job done. Hardest part is the aly joiner.

Do you know what gains can be had form this custom TIP Dan? Got any light reading from the Seat forum?

When I buy a TIP I will be getting a dyno before and after for proving gains...

I may buy an Autobahn88 one, and compre that before and after, and then make one as well to see the difference.

I'll try and dig a few threads out, they just claim better pick up, more g/s etc.

Will this TIP fit an APY engine? For some reason I recall the APY engine needs a different TIP or an aftermarket one modding, is this correct, if so could anyone confirm what the mods are?

I have done a quick search but couldnt see anything to back up my original musings.

Their arnt any actual TIP's for a APY engine mate, i have a APY block and you have to modify a few pipes, i.e. extending them etc.

The pcv valve needs extending, the n75 valve needs extending and i think thats it, the dv sits fine and the over attachment, forgot what it is but thats fines, if you just buy some silicone you'll be fine, i think the n75 hoses are 8mm and the pcv valve hoses are 19mm.

Just thought I'd let you know that you can buy TIPs for APY engines, but only ones with ESP as standard, the plumbing is more similar to later S3's than early APYs with the analogue clocks in the dash.

Bummer huh?