Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: Inner CV boot?

4th Gear

Status

Inner CV boot?

Hi, everyone I have bought an inner cv boot for the s3 from eurocarparts but it does not fit, it is much smaller! has anyone else had this problem with eurocarparts or is just me?

where is the best place to buy one? I have to take this back and the car is parked 20miles away so I can't mess up again.

is GSF any good? or Audi only.

thanks
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    gsf rock! having said that euro car parts re normally spot on too. measure the boot size and get them to check it for you over the phone.

Ross_S4

Status
    why not just get one from Audi?
    Yet again, for something as simple as this and still people try and save a few quid.

Boot kit for my S3 was 17.74 inc VAT. not really a bank breaker is it? And guess what - Right part first time.

4th Gear

Status
    thanks guys, there is no point in cutting corners I guess, I have learned my lesson. lets hope they will have one in stock tommorrow.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

thats me

Status
    they will have supplied a quattro one, just like they all do then say oh well thats what listed for yours.

just get it off Audi, I am really getting annoyed with GSF lately and euro car parts have just given me the wrong air filter so they are no better imo
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I try to avoid ECP ever since I had a wheel speed sensor from them that lasted 2 months. Went and got the genuine one from Audi (15 more) and it worked first time and has been fine for over a year now.

My mate also ended up with 2 lots of wrong fog lights for his Merc SLK when he oreded them from ECP.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

4th Gear

Status
    I think it depends on the person behind the counter as well, they might have it in places like ECP but don't always know how to locate them, anyways I called up my local audi this morning, and they said they will be able to get me one deliverd from another branch by the afternoon, the only thing there are two types rubber & plastic, I went for plastic purely because thats what they could get today!

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    I think it depends on the person behind the counter as well, they might have it in places like ECP but don't always know how to locate them, anyways I called up my local audi this morning, and they said they will be able to get me one deliverd from another branch by the afternoon, the only thing there are two types rubber & plastic, I went for plastic purely because thats what they could get today!
    I try and get genuine parts as often as possible for that sort of thing.

It may cost more - however you know that it will just fit like it was meant to...

You can generally knock the price down at the dealer as well if you try.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world