65535 internal control module memory error

SDO

Reaction score
Hi guys

had this come up on my hand held scanner anyone have any idea whats its to do with printed out what is on wiki.ross-tech but still none the wiser.

any help would be great.

cheers

Ross Tech link here: 65535 - Ross-Tech Wiki

I know you've already seen it.

What the code means depends on which section of the scan it was found. Could be an airbag, could be all sorts. Need more info.

Or (depending on the scanner) it could just mean it was trying to hit an address which didn't respond (perhaps not because it's faulty, more likely that it doesn't exist).

65535 is just like a 'one size fits all' errorlevel - converted to hex it's FFFF (F'in Fing F'in F'ed)...

As Welly said, more info would probably be useful - does your scanner indicate which address it's scanning when that is the response?

Oh, and do you have an aftermarket stereo installed? There's a chance a 'generic' reader might throw that when there's +12V on the K-Line (maybe?)

All the best,

Rob.

If its from the Engine ECU, i would look at getting the remap reflashed, it's a common one for a slightly dodgy flash and the inbuilt error system cannot determin exactly the cause, bar the checksum doesnt match

Had this on my ABS controller, ment controller was ******** and had to be replaced!
Like others have said need more info really.

it's just a little orange hand held scanner U280 it reads enigne,abs,srs,at and it comes up in the srs section with another code twice 01218 think it was.

i do have a aftermarket stereo which last week i had to retune as it lost all its memory and settings. i've not had this come up before when i've scanned and i do have s3 seats fitted so the airbag light is on. But like i said never had this come up before.

cheers for the respone guys