few problems

elvo

Reaction score
hi,

iv recently bought myself a s3 and im loving i but im having a few small issues with it.

Firstly when i am on full lock i can hear a loud noise and it sort of vibrates the car a small bit, iv read about the haldex unit on here but my wheels dont lock or anything like that but this only seems to happen when the car is cold, when i have been driving for a while and the car warms up its not loud and you cant hear it. Also it only happens when i acclerate but if i let the car roll or apply a small bit of acceleration on full lock then it dosent happen.

Secondly i want to get my key fob programmed, i can use the key to unlock the car manually and it is programmed with the imoboliser but not to lock and unlock the car. Does anyone know if this has to be done at audi?

thanks for any help

Last edited:
Check your power steering fluid, only top it up with VAG mineral oil, not the stuff in Halfords.

Check your power steering fluid, only top it up with VAG mineral oil, not the stuff in Halfords.

it sounds like its coming from the rear/middle of the car but ill go check

thanks

check kere for the key programming:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/96188-how-program-key.html

when u say full lock do you mean holding your steering wheel right around against the stop? if so then the ewasy way to stop it making the screeching noise is not to do it! you aren;t meant to hold it fully locked on power steering for any time. as said above, check your power steering fluid level. in case you haven;t done it before, it is underneath the engine cover to the left as you face the engine bay, just behind the washer fluid bottle. you need to undo one philips head screw on the plastic cover then slide it off, then there will be a black bottle with probably a green plastic lid with what is basiccally a nipple on top with a slot in it. open that up and pull out the lid, it has marks on it for max and min level.

the loud noise your hearing really does sound like one of your rear wheels locking up when your on full lock, you need to have your haldex serviced and/or a new haldex controller.

have you had a mate stand and check if your wheel(s) are locking or not? it wont stop the car from moving it'l just make the car vibrate and you'll hear a slight scrub so its very hard to say weather or not the wheels are dragging from just being sat in the car

hi just thought id update you on my problem with the weird noise i was getting when thurning.

Basically i got the haldex serviced, rear diff oil changed and done the gearbox and engine oil changed so dont a full service and its so so so much better and it seems to have sorted the noise so im quite happy. hopefuly it dosent come back!

thanks